We have an opportunity for a Registered Clinical Nurse Specialist to join our Consultation Psychiatric Liaison Team at Tauranga Hospital. This is a 0.7FTE permanent position.
This team receives referrals for both in-patient and out-patient services for people of all ages who are presenting with an acute mental health condition in combination with significant co-morbidities or who present post self-harm. This position is challenging yet rewarding, from the complexity of illnesses and the presenting acuity plus day-to-day demands.
The successful candidate will:
- Undertake acute assessment, treatment, and discharge plans across the age range.
- Be required to have an excellent understanding of mental health conditions, the Mental Health Act, PPPR Act.
- Understand capacity assessment work and a range of therapeutic modalities.
- Have excellent leadership skills and be able to navigate care across different settings and the care continuum.
- Have a minimum of 5 years post graduate mental health experience and be flexible and adaptable.
You will be working with a dynamic and experienced team who are passionate about the work that they do.
The Bay of Plenty District Health Board has an innovative culture where staff share the principles of Compassion, All-One-Team, Responsive and Excellence in their daily work. The successful applicant will have to provide evidence they are compassionate, team spirited, responsive to needs and with an attitude of always striving for excellence.
The BOPDHB are committed to improving Māori health outcomes and achieving health equity for Māori through Te Tiriti o Waitangi obligations. It is essential you demonstrate an awareness of Māori indigenous rights and current issues in relation to health and health equity.
All applications are to be made online.