Where you’ll be working: Alcohol and Other Drug Treatment Court (AODTC)
The details: Permanent – 80 hours per fortnight
Exciting opportunity to be part of the newly established AODTC based in the Hamilton Court.
Are you ready for your next challenge? Are you wanting to make a real difference in lives of those who may of not seen a health care worker in sometime? Then read on.
About the role:
Spending most of the week in the Court Building you will be engaging with those attending court and their whānau screening their health and social needs and referring onto to and assisting with engagement in community services. We are looking for an experienced and passionate addiction, mental health nurse who will provide wellbeing screening, brief interventions and complete comprehensive assessments as required. You will work alongside one other clinician. Being part of the Community Alcohol and other Drug Service the role is 0.8 FTE clinical and 0.2 FTE non-clinical.
• Ability to apply the Treaty of Waitangi principles into practice and work to reduce inequities for Māori and their whānau
• Be a registered nurse and hold NZ registration
• Minimum 5 years addiction and mental health nursing experience
• Post graduate qualifications in addiction including an assessment paper or willing to work towards
• Proven experience of utilising screening tools and providing brief interventions
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate comprehensive assessments and provide expert advice to the court team
• Ability to engage with people from all backgrounds
• NZ driving licence
If you believe that you have the relevant skills and experience, we would like to hear from you.
Please click here to view the position description.
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
Please apply directly online, applications are not able to be accepted via email.
For any queries about the role please contact Robyn.Payne@waikatodhb.health.nz
Application closing date: 26 September 2021
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
• Give and earn respect - Whakamana
• Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
• Fair play – Mauri Pai
• Growing the good – Whakapakari
• Stronger together – Kotahitanga