- Wellington-based, the coolest little capital in the world
- Join a supportive team of professionals with strong clinical practice ethics
- Full time or part time work available
Who are we| Ko wai matou?
As part of Explore Specialist Advice, Gains Wellness and Psychology provides personalised assessment and treatment of a wide range of psychological issues. A trusted name in the regions we service, our team supports people wanting to move towards psychological wellness and recovery.
Our mental health service accepts private paying clients and also works closely with funders such as ACC, GPs, FENZ, Police, OT and the Courts and a variety of organisations including schools and other businesses. Our team includes Clinical Psychologists, Neuropsychologists, Registered Psychologists, Counsellors and Social Workers who have the unique opportunity to do a diverse range of work across the spectrum of age groups.
About the role | He korero whakamarama mo tenei turanga
We are currently seeking an experience Clinical Psychologist to join our team based in Wellington.
Because of the breadth of work we do, you will be able to work in areas best suited to your interests and skill set. A key component of the role will typically involve the assessment and therapy of a range of emotional health difficulties including long term sensitive claims work through ACC.
While in this role, if interested there is the option to complete developmental assessments, as we have people able to supervise you to become approved on the ACC Neuropsychological contract or to work towards gaining the neuropsychological scope of practise. We also have a training arm to the organisation if this is an area of interest.
You will be part of a team that supports people wanting to move towards psychological wellness and recovery across the spectrum of age groups.
What you will bring | Nga tohungatanga mo tenei turanga
- A minimum of two years' clinical experience
- Experience in completing psychological assessment which may include appropriate psychometric testing relevant to registration and scope of practice
- Registered Psychologist with the New Zealand Psychologists Board
- A current Annual Practicing Certificate (APC) as relevant to membership/registration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including competence in professional report writing.
- Ability to conduct appropriate case formulation
- Proven ability to work safely and effectively with Maori, Pacifica and people from diverse cultural background.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and client management systems.
- A full NZ driver's licence is preferable
- Experience in assessing and treating a wide range of mental health difficulties
- Willingness to become ACC registered to provide ISSC services
Why Us | He aha ai matou?
We are committed to enhancing the wellbeing of our clients, and their whanau/families and communities. We are a passionate and supportive team that fosters an environment that encourages innovative thinking and ideas. We foster a culture of learning where our specialists can support and learn from one another.
We offer excellent clinical support and development that will assist you to build on your career aspirations, experience and development. Our staff are skilled in a range of treatments including EMDR therapy and are happy to support your learning in this, and other treatment modalities.
Please apply via our website including a CV and a cover letter.
All applicants must be a NZ Resident/Citizen or have a valid NZ work permit