Location: Wairarapa - Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service
Contract: Full time/part time
Service: Mental Health, Addiction and Intellectual Disability Service (MHAIDS)
Nau mai, haere mai ki Ūpoko ki te uru hauora.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a skilled professional team with opportunities to further your career working with the children and young people of Wairarapa and their Whanau. You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team providing assessment, treatment and case management.
The Child Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) team provides specialist mental health services for children and adolescents between the ages of birth and 18 years (inclusive) with indicators of significant mental health problems. We place a strong emphasis on the Family being included in the client’s recovery process. Wairarapa CAMHS is part of the Mental Health, Addictions & Intellectual Disability Service.
The Wairarapa is a stunning area with its own micro-climate, beautiful mountain rivers and ample opportunities for bush walking, cycling and relaxing in nature. Wairarapa is to be listed as a Dark Sky area and is also famous for its beaches and award winning wines. All of this within 90 minutes of Wellington, the arts capital of New Zealand.
- Initial Assessment & Comprehensive Assessments
- Treatment Planning and Delivery
- Case Management
- Parent Work
- School and other Agency Liaison
- MDT participation and collaboration
Skills & experience
- Minimum requirement Registration with New Zealand Psychologists Board (NZPB), relevant scope of practice and current APC
- Experienced CAMHS clinician with an established therapeutic style and case management knowledge, skills and experience.
- Strong focus on recovery and whanau inclusion
- Demonstrated ability to recognise and manage risk in a clinical environment.
- Respond to changing demands / priorities / workloads
- Work as part of an MDT and with wider community agencies
- Full and clean drivers licence
About our organisation
Capital and Coast DHB (CCDHB) is located centrally in Wellington and has over 6,000 full-time equivalent staff, making us one of the major employers in the Wellington region. CCDHB operates three hospitals – Wellington Regional Hospital in Newtown and Kenepuru Hospital in Porirua and, Wairarapa District Hospital in Masterton – as well as the Kapiti Health Centre at Paraparaumu.
The Mental Health, Addiction and Intellectual Disability Service (MHAIDS) spans three DHBs - Wairarapa, Hutt Valley and Capital and Coast DHB’s and includes local, regional, and national services. The local MHAIDS services are provided from multiple sites within the 3DHB sub-region – greater Wellington, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa.
How to apply
Applications will not be accepted via email. All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete an online application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. Please ensure your uploaded CV and cover letter is in either Word or PDF format. If you have queries please email Gemma.Askew@mhaids.health.nz