Adult Community Mental Health Service
- Fancy a change in the "Top of the South" Marlborough region?
- We are seeking a forward thinking, innovative psychologist to be part of our team
Marlborough has a flourishing multi-cultural community and is fast becoming a lifestyle destination for professionals and families that have a passion for life and the outdoors.
Whether you are an experienced and enthusiastic psychologist, or a new grad wanting to challenge yourself, we'd like to hear from YOU!
- Be a valued member of our integrated Adult Community Mental Health team
- Opportunities to engage in service development initiatives
- Plenty of scope for professional development
- Rewarding role within a supportive, well established team
- There's an in-house gym and staff discounts available at local businesses
Ngā mōhiohio e pā hānga ki tēnei mahi (About this position)
You will be working in the Marlborough region within an established multi-disciplinary team based at Wairau hospital in Blenheim and will liaise with referrers and colleagues across agencies.
You'll be joining a team comprising of psychiatrists, mental health nurses, social workers, psychologists, occupational therapists, as well as clinical pharmacy advisors and employment specialists to deliver a comprehensive clinical resource to those affected by acute or enduring severe mental illness.
This is a permanent, full-time position, working normal office hours Monday to Friday; however, consideration will also be given to part-time employment for the right candidate.
Ko wai he kaitono tōtika? (Who is an appropriate applicant?)
- You will be a NZ registered Clinical Psychologist, who holds postgraduate qualifications in Clinical Psychology (or overseas equivalent) and registration in the Clinical Scope of Practice, with current knowledge of best practice evidence relating to major mental health issues and trends
- You will be an active participant in our multidisciplinary team and will be the type of person who fits into a cohesive team culture of collaborative practice, openness, humour, and respect across disciplines
- You will engender confidence, trust and rapport with clients, their support networks, other agencies, and service providers
- We are seeking an experienced clinician or new graduate, who is able to work in a role that requires high level relational skills with all our stakeholders
- You'll be a NZ or Australian citizen, or NZ Permanent Resident, or be eligible for a Visa
For the health and safety of both staff and patients, and in line with the Health Order, all NMH staff are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Ā mātou rōpū (About our team)
Nelson Marlborough Health is the main health provider for Te Tau Ihu, the top of the south. Nearly 3,000 strong, we are Nelson and Marlborough's largest employer.
Our main locations are Nelson and Wairau Hospitals but we are spread across the region and service all parts of the community. Our work can be challenging, but we are up for it. We have a great team and we work hard to make a difference. We value integrity, innovation, respect and teamwork.
Ētahi atu mōhiohio (More information)
Nga huanga o tēnei mahi (The benefits of this position)
At Nelson Marlborough Health we encourage a workforce that is innovative, eager to learn and enhance their skills, and passionate about caring for our community.
Find out more about Marlborough
The Marlborough region is known for its relaxed lifestyle and year round dry, sunny days. It is renowned for being a large wine growing area adjacent to the Marlborough Sounds. Visit: https://youtube/b3fXlkl4rV8 and http://marlboroughnz.com/ to find out more.
Me pēhea ahau e tono ai? (How do I apply?)
If we have sparked your interest we encourage you to contact David Greer - Manager, Operational Support via David.Greer@nmdhb.govt.nz, or Sue Lindstrom, Clinical Co-ordinator via Sue.Lindstrom@nmdhb.govt.nz so that we can set up an opportunity for an informal conversation.
Keen to apply now, it's easy. Please fill in our online application form.
Applications are open until filled.
Applications will be reviewed as received.
Nelson Marlborough Health strongly endorses Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
We believe that to achieve equity in health outcomes for Māori we need a workforce reflective of the population it serves. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who identify as Māori and we recruit for cultural competence.
He waka eke noa. We are all in this together.