Service: Regional Personality Disorder Service (RPDS)
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
We will be reviewing applications as received, please apply now
About the role
The Regional Personality Disorder Service (RPDS) is a small team that provides a consultation, training and supervision service to support mental health teams to improve case conceptualisation, formulation, clarity of diagnosis, and management for tangata whaiora with personality difficulties or significant distress intolerance and emotional dysregulation that impacts on their life (across the lifespan) and their significant others and whanau.
We have contracts with Mid Central, Whanganui and Tairāwhiti and provide regular on-site visits and audio/video communication.
We are seeking a motivated, forward thinker, resourceful, and enthusiastic NZ Registered Clinical Psychologist, Mental Health Nurse, Social Worker or Occupational Therapist to join our team. We welcome applications from people of all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions.
- Delivery of Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT) (therapy and facilitating groups).
- High quality and evidence informed liaison, support and information to clinicians working with clients with complex needs.
- Case consultation around formulation, treatment options and planning with clinicians and other community health providers.
- Supervision – individual, team and client specific.
- Teaching on topics associated with working people experiencing high levels of distress in their lives who typically have harmful behaviour when trying to cope with intense emotions and disrupted relationships.
- Regional site visits to provide consultation and supervision.
- Group therapy.
- Individual therapy.
- Assisting with the development of Whole Service Response Plans (WSRP) for clients who need a clear plan that ensures services and the client are on the same page.
Skills & Experience
- Current NZ Registration for a Clinical Psychologist, Mental Health Nurse, Social Worker or Occupational Therapist
- High level of knowledge, understanding and experience working with, treating and assessing personality disorders.
- Sufficient experience in working with personality difficulties/disorders and complex presentations.
- Qualification and experience in an evidence based model for treatment of personality (e.g. DBT) is essential.
- Sufficient work experience, clinical competence and confidence to provide consultation and supervision for clinicians and other service providers (internal and external)
About our organisation:
Capital and Coast DHB (CCDHB) is located centrally in Wellington and has over 6,000 full-time equivalent staff, making us one of the major employers in the Wellington region. CCDHB operates two hospitals – Wellington Regional Hospital in Newtown and Kenepuru Hospital in Porirua – as well as the Kapiti Health Centre at Paraparaumu.
The Mental Health, Addiction and Intellectual Disability Service(MHAIDS) spans three DHBs - Wairarapa, Hutt Valley and Capital and Coast DHB’s and includes local, regional, and national services. The local MHAIDS services are provided from multiple sites within the 3DHB sub-region – greater Wellington, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa.
How to apply:
Applications will not be accepted via email. All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete an online application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. Please ensure your uploaded CV and cover letter is in either Word or PDF format. If you have queries please email Jeltsje.Keizer@mhaids.health.nz