Location: Porirua- 20 minutes from Wellington city. Wellington
Service: Te Korowai Whariki - Tane Mahuta
Contract: Permanent, full time
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Apply NOW.
Tane Mahuta at Ratonga Rua O Porirua is part of the Mental Health Addiction and Intellectual Disability Service, 3 DHB which covers the central region from Tairawhiti on the East Coast across to Wanganui and south to Wellington and Wairarapa. It encompasses Central Regional Forensic inpatient and community services, Youth Forensic Service, Inpatient Rehabilitation and Extended Care Services, and Intellectual Disability Services. Located about 20 minutes away from central Wellington, in Porirua, the Regional Rehabilitation units provide consumers with specialised care with a focus on recovery and rehabilitation in both secure and open settings.
About the role
We are seeking an enthusiastic Clinical Psychologist to provide specialist interventions in this progressive and dynamic inpatient service. The role will involve a variety of work including, but not limited to, individual assessment and therapy, neuropsychological assessment, behavioural management planning, developing and running group therapy, and delivering education to staff. There is an established DBT Consult group and a network of supportive colleagues throughout the wider service. It’s a great opportunity for you to develop your skills and implement innovative evidenced-based interventions while working alongside an established MDT team. You will have excellent supervision and training opportunities.
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Able to provide assessment and treatment
- Meet clients’ needs in a culturally, clinically, and legally safe manner
Skills & experience
- Registration with NZ Psychologist Board, with Clinical Scope of Practice and current annual practising certificate
- Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Psychology (or equivalent) and Masters or Doctoral level degree in Psychology
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of psychological theory and practice.
- Able to use a range of relevant psychometric tests
- Skill to assess, plan, and implement interventions and deal with crises for allocated clients.
- Experience working with clients with mental health problems would be desirable, although we will consider new graduates
About our organisation
Capital and Coast DHB (CCDHB) is located centrally in Wellington and has over 5,100 full-time equivalent staff, making us one of the major employers in the Wellington region. CCDHB operates two hospitals – Wellington Regional Hospital in Newtown and Kenepuru Hospital in Porirua – as well as the Kapiti Health Centre at Paraparaumu.
The Mental Health, Addiction and Intellectual Disability Service (MHAIDS) spans three DHBs - Wairarapa, Hutt Valley and Capital and Coast DHB’s and includes local, regional, and national services. The local MHAIDS services are provided from multiple sites within the 3DHB sub-region – greater Wellington, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa.
Applications will not be accepted via email. All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete an online application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. Any queries please email Lucie.Terry@ccdhb.org.nz