We are seeking applications from suitably qualified psychologists to work in our Community Adult Mental Health and Addiction Service based in the lovely Kaipara region.
This may suit someone based in either Whangarei or the Kaipara areas who is looking to increase their current clinical hours or only work a few days per fortnight.
We are looking for someone who is committed to working with adults experiencing moderate to severe mental health difficulties. This will be a challenging role for someone who is enthusiastic about their work and who is keen to make a difference.
Northland DHB is committed to a system that is Tiriti (Treaty) based and one that actively and purposefully invests in equitable outcomes for its Māori population.
Northland DHB recognises Māori as tāngata Whenua (first peoples) of New Zealand and have prioritised Māori health. We understand our Te Tiriti o Waitangi obligations in relation to:
- Iwi/Māori health development
- Mātauranga Māori (Māori knowledge and expertise)
The position is within a supportive multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural setting and offers an interesting career within the beautiful Northland environment. You will be providing a range of psychological services including comprehensive assessments, intervention plans and therapy.
The successful candidate will:
- Be registered with the NZ Psychologists Board and have a current practicing certificate
- Have experience in psychological assessment using a range of assessment tools with adults who have mental health and addiction difficulties
- Have experience delivering a range of evidence-informed psychological interventions
- Be committed to cultural and ethical competence
- Work well within a multidisciplinary team
Vacancy No: AH20-102a
Closes: 7 April 2021