The Clinical Youth Community Practitioner role has been developed in order to support young people (13-24 years) and their families that are experiencing mild to moderate mental illness and/or AOD issues. The role works from an Odyssey House base alongside Odyssey House and Purapura Whetu to provide an inter-agency approach to meeting young peoples’ needs.
You will be part of a passionate team to support the implementation of plans, goals and outcomes to ensure that the needs of the Individual and their families are met.
We are seeking a person who has a passion for working with youth and who:
- is energised working within a team environment
- has experience supporting young people and working in a community setting; particular in the area of Mental Health and/or Alcohol & other Drugs
- is able to provide a mix of intervention models, comprehensive assessment for youth and assist navigate a recovery pathway toward wellbeing
- has experience and knowledge of brief intervention
- can develop and provide group facilitation
- has experience in liaising with NGO agencies, Specialist Mental Health Services and the family’s/whanau support networks
This is a 0.5 FTE permanent part-time position and a full, clean New Zealand driver's license is required as is computer literacy, attention to detail and the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and inter-agency collaborative setting.
As a clinical role the ideal appointee will have a registerable HPCA Act qualification e.g. Social Work, Nursing and/or be registerable with DAPAANZ, within the alcohol and drug field.
If you are interested in a challenging and diverse role, have a passion for people and want to work in an environment where you will be developed, then we would love to hear from you.
Stepping Stone Trust (SST) is a faith-based organisation and the largest NGO Mental Health Service in Canterbury. SST operates Residential, Respite and Community Support services for Youth through to Older Persons for 500+ tangata whaiora/consumers each week.
It is vital that you are able to align to the vision, mission and core values of Stepping Stone Trust, as outlined on our website - www.stepstone.org.nz
For further information about this role, please contact the People & Culture Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 338 6390.