Are you passionate about the mental health of young people and how support can be what they need to get through difficult times? Perhaps you have had that experience yourself, or know someone who has, and have had training in this area of work?
- Passionate about working with young people in the community
- Experience in mental health work
- Have a Nursing or Allied Health qualification e.g. in Nurse, Social Worker, Occupational Therapist
- Are already registered as one of the above or meet the pre-requisite requirements to do so.
- 0.5 -1.0 full time role
We have an exciting new role supporting and providing brief intervention to young people experiencing difficulty with their mental health and distress or addiction issues. Stepping Stone Trust is part of a collective of agencies in Canterbury known as Manu Ka Rere, who provide support brief intervention to young people experiencing mental distress.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about this area of work. You will be part of a dedicated team to support the implementation of plans, goals, recovery strategies and outcomes to support young people and their mental wellbeing.
This role requires excellent rapport building skills, creativity, comfort with independent work, time management and prioritisation skills. A clean New Zealand driver’s license is required as is good computer literacy, attention to detail and the ability to work in an inter-agency collaborative setting. The teams are highly professional, passionate and committed.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following competencies, abilities and attributes:
- Strong mental health and addiction assessment and analytical skills
- Ability to engage and develop good relationships with young people and families
- Effective group working skills
- Be able to contribute in a multi-disciplinary team setting
- Ability to identify risk(s) and mobilise effective and speedy intervention
- Understand, and have the cultural competencies and willingness to work cross culturally and commitment to the principles of Treaty of Waitangi
For this role it is essential that you hold a registerable health qualification e.g. Social Work, Nursing, Occupational Therapist.
Stepping Stone Trust (SST) is a faith-based organisation and one of the largest NGO Mental Health Service in Canterbury. SST operates Residential care, Respite and Community Support services for Youth and adults for over 500 tangata whaiora/consumers each week.