Our Youth Mobile service is utilised by young people who need a high level of support to manage their mental illness. Young people under this service are seen a minimum of twice weekly and up to daily if needed, with support focussed on brief intervention, distress tolerance, behavioural activation, family liaison, and assisting them meet their recovery goals. This team works closely alongside CDHB Specialist Mental Health Services. This position will suit someone who has a passion for working with young people, and is reflective and flexible in their practice.
We have a full-time permanent Clinical role available within our Youth Mobile team. The role provides a clinical resource for the team through using enhanced clinical skills and knowledge. Along with this, there is representation of the team in clinical settings such as clinical reviews and upskilling the Youth Mobile team in clinical skills. The team is highly professional, passionate and committed.
- Registerable HPCA Act qualification eg. Social Work, Nursing
- Full clean NZ driver’s licence
- Good computer literacy
- Ability to work in an inter-agency collaborative setting
Competencies, abilities and attributes:
- Experience working with young people
- Time management and prioritisation skills
- Excellent ability to build rapport
- Comfort with independent work
- Strong assessment and analytical skills
- Ability to engage and develop good relationships with young people and families
- Be able to contribute in a multi-disciplinary team setting
- Ability to identify risk(s) and mobilise effective and speedy intervention
- Understand, and have the ability and willingness to work cross culturally and commitment to the principles of Treaty of Waitangi
At the Youth Mobile Team, we offer a supportive working environment, professional development opportunities and the chance to be part of a team that is dedicated and extremely competent.
This service works AM and PM shifts: 10:00 - 18:30 and 13:00 - 21:30 and the role will be Monday to Friday.
This role closes 5pm, Monday 31st May 2021.