- Clinical role based in Taupo, choose your hours!
- Deliver to the Southern Lakes region to build resilience & wellbeing in young people
- Grow your career and join one of New Zealand’s largest Mental Health Providers
We’re looking for a registered clinician - Psychologist, Social Worker, AoD Clinician, Nurse, or Occupational Therapist to join our team supporting youth in Taupo
Mō mātou: About us
Real Lakes provide primary mental health and addiction services in the community to people aged between 12 and 20. We believe in the importance of community, connection and relationships - and in the ability of young people to shape their own futures.
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou: What we offer
- Flexible work arrangements
- Extra annual leave after 12 months of employment
- Subsidies for school holiday childcare
- Ongoing training and support in your role and career
- Subsides for school holiday programme (full-time)
- Discount at Specsavers for you and your family members (full-time)
- Discounted plans with Southern Cross for medical insurance (full-time)
- Special banking treatments for Westpac customers (full-time)
- Be part of a supportive team where work life balance is encouraged
- Give back to the community
Te Whiwhinga mahi: The opportunity
Based in the idyllic Taupo, you'll be reporting to the team coach and working in a supportive team of three youth workers and five clinicians, working with young people in school and community settings.
We value flexibility and therefore we let you choose hours that work for you and the service! We have a full-time OR part-time role available working Monday to Friday, based in Taupo and delivering to the Southern Lakes region. Please indicate your availability in your cover letter.
- Using a therapeutic approach
- Support young people experiencing issues or challenges that affect their mental health.
- Identifying and meeting the youth’s individual health and social care needs
- Support youth to re-connect with community services and take control of their own lives.
- Supporting young people to help build their confidence, resilience and wellbeing
- Implementing the Real wellbeing strategy through innovative ways to improve the health of young people with mental health issues.
Mōu: About you
- Have a current health registration (Occupational Therapist, Counsellor, Nurse, Social Worker, or Psychologist.)
- You'll hold a current New Zealand full driver's licence.
- Hold a current first aid certificate or be willing to obtain one.
- You will be a culturally competent practitioner
- Ideally have experience working with youth in the AOD space
- Assessment and therapy skills
- Group work experience
Rā Katinga | Applications close: 27th May 2022. Please note, this advert may close sooner if a suitable candidate is found.
Position description: https://www.wisegroup.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/PW-RHP-Clinician.pdf
Korero Michelle Woodfield, Team Coach - Psychologist on 027 200 8945
Real is supported by Pathways Health Limited, part of the Wise Group. Pathways is committed to healthy lifestyles and actively supports a smoke-free environment. Find out more about Real at www.real.org.nz/
The Covid-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021 requires staff working in health-related services to be fully vaccinated (this includes any subsequent boosters). As a provider we are responsible for ensuring all of our employees are vaccinated and boosted as per the mandate and employees are responsible for ensuring we have access to this information.
All new appointees into Pathways require background checking. Under the requirements of the Children's Act 2014, new employees that are identified as coming under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process.