About the role
A clinical role delivering a range of therapeutic services to young people, including the Thrive! Te Pae Ora service, which is designed to meet the needs of rangatahi/young people experiencing mild to moderate mental health issues.
- Provide therapeutic counselling for young people at risk young people aged 12 - 24 years.
- Maintain professional registration
- Utilise best practice methods in all clinical practice, and have working knowledge of the following modalities: MI, CBT, ACT, Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Provide a service that reflects the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi
- Respect the diverse ethnic and cultural heritage of New Zealand and utilise culturally appropriate counselling practices
- Work with co-existing mental health and addiction issues as appropriate,
- Work as an effective and collaborative member of a regional team for the wider organisation as a whole
Benefits and perks
Our team is like a family - for your hard work we have the following on offer for you!
- Competitive Salary
- Relocation allowance
- 5 weeks annual leave
- 1:1 supervision
- Annual PD budget and PD leave
- Annual Wellbeing Allowance
Skills and experience
- Current NZ professional registration (i.e. Occupational Therapist, Psychologist, Social Worker, Counsellor (DAPAANZ), Nurse Therapist)
- Experience working as a clinician in the Mental Health and /or Addictions field
- Knowledge of delivering brief interventions with to a variety of individuals
- Knowledge of motivational interviewing, ACT/ CBT, solution focused, Whanau & cultural therapies would be an advantage
- Kaupapa Māori knowledge
- Your full drivers license
About the business
We are a dynamic not-for-profit organisation that provides therapeutic services to young people experiencing wellbeing, mental health and substance issues. Our aim is to support and empower young people and whānau to live meaningful, valued and enriched lives through, innovative and responsive services. We are committed to Titiri o Waitangi and the delivery of culturally appropriate services for diverse clients and their whanau. We have teams based in South Canterbury, Otago, Central Lakes and Southland with our people at the core of our success of what we do!
How to apply
If this sounds like you, then please click on the "Apply" button and follow the prompts. Please note an application form is required to be filled in and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org as part of the application process. The application form and a detailed job description are available to download at:
For more information and to send your completed application form - email email@example.com
Applications close 12pm Thursday 25th November 2021.