- Make a difference by helping New Zealanders find recovery from addiction
- Two roles – one in Wellington CBD, one in Lower Hutt
- Full time positions (part time hours may be considered)
Our client has been helping New Zealanders find recovery from addictions for over 60 years. They are committed to offering their clients the very best treatment pathways possible within community settings.
They have two fantastic opportunities for experienced counsellors, one in Wellington CBD and one in Lower Hutt.
Community Addictions Team Leader (Lower Hutt)
This Lower Hutt based role is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to move into a leadership role, and you will be well supported to make this transition with mentoring and guidance.
You will need to be an experienced counsellor/allied health professional and will be confident working in one on one and group settings to deliver high quality psycho education and group therapy. You will be responsible for coordinating and running the Group Programmes and will lead a small high performing team.
In addition to your clinical skills, key to your success will be your relationship building and communication abilities as you will work closely with community partners to support clients to make positive changes in their lives.
Community Addictions Counsellor (Wellington CBD)
Based in central Wellington, we welcome applications from qualified AOD counsellors as well as those from allied disciplines such as counselling, who have a passion for alcohol and drug treatment and are committed to developing their knowledge and skill base in this important area.
Skills and Experience (both roles):
- A current practicing certificate with a professional body eg DAPAANZ or allied health
- Strong preference for experience of working with clients in Addictions and/or Mental Health setting
- Strong cultural competencies and a good understanding of tikanga Māori
- Personal warmth and a ready sense of humour
- Experience in group facilitation or training
- Flexibility, problem solving skills and strong professional boundaries
What’s on offer (both roles):
- Focus on family friendly employment
- Five weeks annual leave
- Internal and external (including cultural) supervision
- Positive, supportive and empowering manager
- Flexibility and autonomy
Applications close: 5.00pm Sunday 11 July 2021
Applications to: Nikki Walshaw via mclaren.co.nz
P: 04 499 1069