Community Living Specialist
Permanent, Full-Time (40/wk) position based in Papakura
The position comes with a commuter use vehicle and mobile phone for work purposes
Salary $20.50 – $25.50ph Pay Equity
Increased to $21.50 - $27.00 per hour from 1st July 2021
Here is an opportunity for you to use your passion and enthusiasm to make a difference to the lives of New Zealanders!
Ember and our Community Living Service
Ember is a non-government, not-for-profit, well established organisation that delivers community based mental health and intellectual disability services in the Auckland region. We provide great training and development opportunities, urge our staff to have a work-life balance and are committed to make a difference for the people who access our services.
As a Community Living Specialist you will work alongside people with a mental health diagnosis to assist them in living, engaging and thriving in their community of choice. Due to the complexity of support needs, you will be able to think on your feet, be creative and more importantly build on a client’s strengths to reach their dreams and aspirations.
You will be required to:
- Provide one-on-one support to people with a mental health diagnosis and high and complex support needs
- Be creative in your problem solving
- Build the right relationships in our community
- Provide support to resolve housing crisis
- Work collaboratively with Clinical Teams to find personalized solutions for our people
- Build on the communities capacity to support our people
- Develop natural support networks in people’s own communities
- Be able to work flexibly when support may be required outside of normal working hours(Mon to Friday 8am to 4:30pm)
- Be part of an on call roster
- Level 4 Certificate in Mental Health/Health and Wellbeing (or equivalent qualification).
- Experience in mental health support work or related health field.
- Knowledge and experience of needs assessment/goal setting or equivalent.
- Knowledge of community resources and the ability to network.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and administrative skills, including data entry and case management experience.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- A commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi and culturally safe practice.
- A current clean Full Drivers Licence.
- Eligibility to work in New Zealand.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- In return we will offer you meaningful work, the freedom and flexibility to maintain a work-life balance and great workplace and people to work with.
- Varied training opportunities for personal and professional growth including support to undergo qualifications (where appropriate) as well as support for professional memberships (where applicable).
- A comprehensive wellbeing programme that includes flu vaccinations, health checks and access to an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP).
- A range of additional leave benefits, including additional sick leave, study leave and recreation days!
For more information about this job, please contact Toni-Anne Matara, Team Manager, Community Support and Community Living Services on 09 299 2671 or 021 275 7760.
To apply for this position, please submit all of the following documents:
- Download, complete and submit an Application Form from www.ember.org.nz/careers
- Prepare and submit an up-to-date CV.
- Submit a Cover Letter, answering the following questions:
- Why are you interested in this position?
- What skills, competencies, knowledge and experience can you bring to this role?
4.Email all of the above to: firstname.lastname@example.org