Permanent, Full-Time (40/wk) position based in Papakura
The position comes with an allocated vehicle, mobile phone and laptop for work purposes.
Salary $21.50– $27.00ph Pay Equity
Closing Date: This position will be advertised until filled
Ember is an Essential Service falls under Health Sector, as part of this role, you must be fully vaccinated including Booster vaccination.
If you’re excited about working for a progressive organisation at the forefront of Mental Health and Addictions and want to be part of a vibrant culture Ember Korowai Takitini is for you.
Ember blends professional expertise and lived experience to offer a range of services and supports for anyone with mental health, addiction or intellectual disability needs. We desire a society that better understands and responds to mental distress, addiction, and intellectual disability.
Here is an opportunity for you to use your passion and enthusiasm to make a difference to the lives of New Zealanders!
Ember and our Community Living Service
Ember is a non-government, not-for-profit, well established organisation that delivers community based mental health and intellectual disability services in the Auckland region. We provide great training and development opportunities, urge our staff to have a work-life balance and are committed to make a difference for the people who access our services.
As a Community Living Specialist you will work alongside people with a mental health diagnosis to assist them in living, engaging and thriving in their community of choice. Due to the complexity of support needs, you will be able to think on your feet, be creative and more importantly build on a client’s strengths to reach their dreams and aspirations.
You will be required to:
- Provide one-on-one support to people with a mental health diagnosis and high and complex support needs
- Be creative in your problem solving
- Build the right relationships in our community
- Provide support to resolve housing crisis
- Work collaboratively with Clinical Teams to find personalized solutions for our people
- Build on the communities capacity to support our people
- Develop natural support networks in people’s own communities
- Be able to work flexibly when support may be required outside of normal working hours(Mon to Friday 8am to 4:30pm)
- Be part of an on call roster
- Level 4 Certificate in Mental Health/Health and Wellbeing (or equivalent qualification).
- Experience in mental health support work or related health field.
- Knowledge and experience of needs assessment/goal setting or equivalent.
- Knowledge of community resources and the ability to network.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and administrative skills, including data entry and case management experience.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- A commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi and culturally safe practice.
- A current clean Full Drivers Licence.
- Eligibility to work in New Zealand.
For more information about this job, please contact Toni-Anne Matara, Team Manager, Community Support and Community Living Services on 09 299 2671 or 021 275 7760.
A Job Description can be downloaded from the Ember website: www.ember.org.nz/careers
To apply for this position, please submit all of the following documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download, complete and submit an Application Form from www.ember.org.nz/careers
- Prepare and submit an up-to-date CV.
- Submit a Cover Letter, answering the following questions:
- Why are you interested in this position?
- What skills, competencies, knowledge and experience can you bring to this role
Ember is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and embrace diversity and inclusion in the workplace and are committed to providing a safe and supportive environment for all.