Do you believe in the power of community and the strength of young people? Are you passionate about using social media to build connections and weave ideas? Are you looking to channel your energy into something that can create real impact?
Curative could be the place for you!
Curative is looking for someone special; with the technical skills to master social media and a passion for people to build authentic communities of connection, care and support. This role requires someone who loves problem solving, is a digital native, believes in the power of storytelling, and is passionate about working in and with communities, especially with young people.
The Community Manager is someone who:
- has experience managing social media channels
- is passionate about creating opportunities for young people, and has proven experience in doing this - youth development experience is ideal
- is a natural community builder; can gather people around an idea, spot opportunities, and make them a reality
- is highly organised with excellent time management
- has strong written language skills; excellent communicator - can communicate ideas effectively
- is interested in human centered design and creative thinking
- is ready to take on exciting new challenges
- loves working as part of a team, and knows how to get the best out of people
- enjoys working with people from all backgrounds
- is committed to honouring Te Tiriti and Te Ao Maori
- is always curious, loves to listen, and can hear what’s really needed
- is passionate about bringing ideas to life, telling stories in creative ways, and reaching people through new channels
- familiar with design and creative processes and open to learning a little something new each day
If you join us, we promise to:
- Always have your back; some of the social issues we work on can be quite challenging, so we work hard to support our teams wellbeing and nurture your creativity
- Play, create and challenge the status quo; it’s important to us to keep inventing and exploring new ideas so that we can create magic and build momentum
- Help you see the world through other people’s eyes; to deepen our understanding, and respond to each challenge with empathy, we work together with communities as each project unfolds to imagine and create unique solutions that truly respond to their needs
- Laugh, dance, cry and eat together; at Curative we encourage you to be your whole beautiful self. We need to be real and human to do the work we do, and while we try to bring as much joy as we can, sometimes we need to recognise that things are tough - but we do it all together.
Our clients are changemakers who share our values, from local and central government, NGO’s, not-for-profits, philanthropists and businesses that care. We work with the challengers, the visionaries and the brave. This particular role will be working across projects focused on nurturing and strengthening young people; to help them have their voices heard, and to support their health and wellbeing.
As such this role requires an individual who can bring energy and aroha to really listen to what is needed, and navigate the requirements and sensitivities to produce work that will build powerful connections online and off.
Experience managing social media channels will be essential for this role. But ultimately, we’re really looking for someone who lives the values of Curative; curious, caring, community-driven, creative and courageous. We’re looking for someone who is prepared to give anything a go, and someone who is passionate about learning something new everyday to help produce the best outcomes for the communities and young people we work with.
To apply, please send a cover letter detailing how you fit the criteria and your CV to Eddy Royal at email@example.com