Happy new year everyone. Te Pou offices are now open for 2021.
Where you’ll be working: 193 London Street, Hamilton – Community Alcohol and Drug team
The details: Permanent – 80 hours per fortnight
Are you looking for a rewarding nursing role, working in a specialist community team, Monday to Friday? If so, we are seeking a motivated recovery focussed addiction nurse to join the team.
About the role:
The role is varied with opioid substitution treatment case management as well as opportunities to carry out community based alcohol detoxification and consultation liaison for tangata whaiora requiring specialist addiction assessment in Waikato Hospital.
Responsibilities of the role:
• work closely with our clinical team to provide nursing case management for individuals and their whanau, who are receiving opioid substitution therapy, ensuring care that is safe, effective and appropriate
• undertake specialist comprehensive nursing assessments and risk assessments
• carry out physical health assessments.
Required skills & experience:
• registered mental health or comprehensive nurse with a current annual practising certificate
• ideally 2 years post registration experience in addiction nursing
• current full drivers licence
• post graduate addiction papers advantageous
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
If you have:
• the ability to build and maintain therapeutic relationships, as well as demonstrating strong professional clinical boundaries,
• a high level of communication skills
• the ability to work in a fast paced environment with support of the clinical team
• the desire to further develop your nursing career in a specialist area
we look forward to receiving your application.
Please apply directly online, applications are not able to be accepted via email.
For further details please contact Velda Raybone-Jones Charge Nurse Manager CADS – Velda.Raybone-Jones@Waikatodhb.health.nz
Application closing date: 1 February 2021
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
• Give and earn respect - Whakamana
• Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
• Fair play – Mauri Pai
• Growing the good – Whakapakari
• Stronger together – Kotahitanga