Where you’ll be working: Community Mental Health, 193 London Street, Hamilton – Central South Sector Team
The details: Permanent – 80 hours per fortnight
We are seeking mental health professionals to join our team providing a community based service for individuals that require specialist mental health support.
About the service:
The mental health and addictions service deliver a variety of services across the Waikato region. We are a service undertaking a huge programme of change to deliver better outcomes to tāngata whai ora and whānau in our region. Nga iwi Ngakaunui - people at the heart is demonstrated best in mental health and addictions, people really are at the heart of all that we do. We know how important strong relationships are; with people who access our services, with their whānau and with the communities we serve.
With service users/tangata whaiora based both locally and rurally, this role provides an exciting opportunity to work closely with the communities in which people live and support better outcomes. Our area runs from the southern half of urban Hamilton out to Raglan on one side and out to Matamata via Cambridge and including Waharoa on the other side.
The multidisciplinary team is a strong, collaborative team that is based in Hamilton, working Monday to Friday.
Required skills & experience:
· the ability to be service user/tangata whaiora focussed, innovative and work effectively in a multidisciplinary team as well as autonomously
· well-developed time management skills with the ability to coordinate and prioritise personal and team tasks
· experience within the mental health field
· the ability to coordinate care and provide therapeutic interventions
· a current full driver’s license
· a current annual practicing certificate.
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
Please apply directly online, applications are not able to be accepted via email.
For any queries about the role please contact Julie Taylor, Charge Nurse Manager: Central South Sector on 027 583 7480
Application closing date: 7 February 2021
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
· Give and earn respect - Whakamana
· Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
· Fair play – Mauri Pai
· Growing the good – Whakapakari
· Stronger together – Kotahitanga