Where you’ll be working: Waiora CBD, 87 Alexandra Street, Hamilton
The details: Fixed term until September 2022 – 72 hours per fortnight
Interested in working with and making a difference in the lives of mothers/persons, babies and whanau within a small specialized multidisciplinary team?
About the service:
We are based in the Waiora CBD building, Hamilton with outreach services provided to rural areas within the Waikato DHB catchment area.
Responsibilities of the role:
You will be an experienced mental health nurse able to conduct quality comprehensive evidence based assessments and therapeutic interventions for women across the perinatal period up to 12 months postpartum.
Required skills & experience:
• Registration with the Nursing Council of New Zealand as a comprehensive or mental health nurse
• A current Annual Practicing Certificate
• A current driver’s licence
• Commitment to working within a Treaty-based framework
• The ability to work both independently and collaboratively with the community
• A team player and committed to team and organisational values
Please click here to view the position description.
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
The Waikato District Health Board provides a strong professional network where continuing Professional Development is supported.
We welcome applications from those with experience in maternal mental health or a strong desire to work in this area and a willingness to further develop knowledge and skills within a supportive team.
Please apply directly online, applications are not able to be accepted via email.
For further information please contact Heidi Steyn, Charge Nurse Manager, 021 275 2076 or email:Heidi.Steyn@waikatodhb.health.nz
Application closing date: 11 July 2021
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
• Give and earn respect - Whakamana
• Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
• Fair play – Mauri Pai
• Growing the good – Whakapakari
• Stronger together – Kotahitanga