Otahuhu – Hub based in Otahuhu, while the real work happens Auckland wide
Permanent, Full-Time (40 hours per week).
Monday – Friday 8:00/8:30am – 4:30pm/5:00pm
Pay Rate: $21.50ph - $27.00ph depending on qualification.
This role falls under Pay Equity Settlement for Mental Health Support Worker
The position comes with an allocated vehicle, mobile phone and laptop for work purposes.
Closing date for applications: This position will be advertised until filled
If you’re excited about working for a progressive organisation at the forefront of Mental Health and Addictions and want to be part of a vibrant culture Ember Korowai Takitini is for you.
Ember blends professional expertise and lived experience to offer a range of services and supports for anyone with mental health, addiction or intellectual disability needs. We desire a society that better understands and responds to mental distress, addiction, and intellectual disability.
Personal Focus is a well-established part of Ember Services Limited that delivers community based mental health programmes in the Auckland region.
We are seeking an energetic and innovative Facilitator to work with individuals to fulfill identified needs that would encourage citizenship through meaningful community engagement, education, employment, natural supportive relationships, including family and friends, and health and wellness. This will be carried out through one-on-one and/or group facilitation following a Strengths Assessment and development of Personal Goal Plans.
Ember is an Essential Service, as part of this role, you will be required to be vaccinated or agree to do so.
A full job description, please email: email@example.com or download from: https://ember.org.nz/careers
This may include:
- The development of interpersonal skills that improve his/her quality of life
- Access to further study
- Engagement within their local community and activities of choice
- The successful applicants will need to be able to use your initiative and work autonomously, have a high level of accountability and be a committed team player.
Main Tasks and Duties:
- Undertake Strengths Assessment and goal planning
- Facilitate achievement of outcomes as per individual goal plans
- Participate in the promotion and marketing of the service and programmes
- Network with other mental health service providers
- A team player
- Ability to effectively build and maintain relationships
- Communicates well with people of diverse backgrounds and ages
- Thrives on achieving targets
- Ability to mentor and support service users
- Proficient computer skills in MS Word and Outlook
- Creative problem solving skills
- Eligibility to work in New Zealand
- A current full New Zealand driver’s licence
For more information about this job, please contact Ember HR 09 523 2790