Who we are | Ko wai matou?
HealthCare NZ provides a wide array of health and human services to people throughout New Zealand. Since 1988 we have been empowering people in need to live independently, safely, and well in their community as well as in specialized treatment settings. We help people gain access to needed services, ensuring they receive vital services, are safe, well-cared for, and live as independently as possible.
About the role | He korero whakamarama mo tenei turanga
As the Community Disability Support Facilitator, you are responsible for providing support to people with disabilities and their family/whanau, to live independent lives. This is achieved by developing and maintaining effective and successful relationships with people and their support network. You will lead a team of Support Workers to deliver successful outcomes against co-created personal plans.
This is a permanent part time 25 hours per week role and can be based in Invercargill or Dunedin however travelling will be required between these areas.
What you will bring | Nga tohungatanga mo tenei turanga
Lead the personal planning process for the people we support in your area. Meet with the person we support and their family/whānau to develop their plan, ensuring an understanding of their lives, ambitions, and expectations of the support to be provided
- Match appropriately skilled support workers to the people we support ensuring that they are provided with all relevant information
- Build and maintain strong proactive relationships through networking with local funders, other healthcare providers, referrers & community agencies in your area
- Lead a team of Support Workers by briefing them on personal plans, assisting in rostering, recruitment, onboarding, training and performance conversations
- Own the Profit and Loss performance of your assigned services
We are looking for people with the following skills:
- 3+ years' experience in coordination within the disability sector or other related healthcare industry experience
- Excellent planning & organisational skills
- Fantastic communication skills, written, verbal, non-verbal and listening skills, including the ability to build and sustain effective relationships both internally and externally
- A genuine commitment to the provision of quality support using a person-centred approach
- A full NZ driver's license
Why Us | He aha ai matou?
At Healthcare NZ, we're passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity, reflecting the communities we serve. If you want to work in a fast-paced role where you can make a positive difference within the community - then this could be the role for you. Please apply now!
Mēnā he tangata ngākaunui ana koe ki te tautoko i ngā momo tāngata, tēnā pea, kei konei he tūranga mōu. Tukua mai tō tono ki Healthcare NZ.