Community Support Worker (Mt Roskill)
Permanent, Full-time (40hrs/week) position available
The position will predominately operate out of our Frost Road Hub. Primarily Monday to Friday, but the position may require weekend work.
Pay Band: $21.50ph - $27.00ph
Depending on qualification. The role falls under Pay Equity Settlement for Mental Health Support Workers
This position comes with an allocated vehicle, mobile phone and laptop for work purposes.
Closing date for applications: This position will be advertised until filled
Ember is an Essential Service falls under Health Sector, as part of this role, you must be fully vaccinated.
We are looking for a Support Worker to join our Community Support Team based in Frost road, Mt Roskill. This is support work at its most rewarding with the opportunity to apply your skills and experience to work closely with adults, youth and whanau referred to us either through primary or secondary services.
This team is supportive and rich in diversity and we welcome new people into the team with open arms. What is unique to this team is the variety of people you will be able to work with, ranging from youth through to adults, delivering pioneering programs and/or one-on-one community support in the ADHB area.
Our focus is to provide guidance and support at the level necessary for the individual to have a safe and satisfying life. Services and supports are tailored to the individual and their whanau’s needs as well as responsive to the individual’s changing aspirations, capacity/capability, goals and mental health challenges over time.
Effective communication is vital for this role as you will be working alongside clinical teams and other community agencies to ensure a wraparound service to the people we support.
- National Certificate or Diploma in Mental Health Support or a relevant qualification equivalent thereof.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, as these qualities are key to this role.
- Experience to know when and how to engage with Whanau.
- Experience, instinct and decency to be appropriately culturally sensitive.
- Experience/understanding of a client-centered, recovery-focused approach.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), networking and administrative skills, including data entry and case management experience.
- A full New Zealand driver’s license.
The role of Support Worker, we believe, is the key ingredient for successful client outcomes. Consequently, we provide ample and on-going tools and encouragement to develop, grow and flourish in the role, striving to ensure an environment of learning, teamwork and enjoyment.
For more information about this job, please contact: Rose Culberson on 021 976 541
A Job Description can be downloaded from the Ember website: https://ember.org.nz/careers/
To apply for this position, please submit all of the following documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download, complete and submit an Application Form from https://ember.org.nz/careers/
- Prepare and submit an up-to-date CV.
- Submit a Cover Letter, answering the following questions:
- Why are you interested in this position?
- What skills, competencies, knowledge and experience can you bring to this role?