Community Support Worker – CSS South
Permanent, Full-time position available
The position will predominately operate out of our Papakura Hub.
The position comes with an allocated vehicle, mobile phone and laptop for work purposes.
Salary: $21.50ph - $27.00ph (depending on qualification)
This role falls under Pay Equity Settlement for Mental Health Support Workers.
Here is an opportunity for you to use your passion and enthusiasm to make a difference to the lives of New Zealanders!
Ember and our Community Support Service
Ember is a non-government, not-for-profit, well-established organisation that delivers community based mental health and intellectual disability services in the Auckland region. We provide great training and development opportunities, urge our staff to have a work-life balance and are committed to make a difference for the people who access our services.
As a Community Support Worker you will work alongside people with a mental health diagnosis to assist them in living, engaging and thriving in their community of choice. Supports are individually tailored with the person and their whanau and therefor responsive to the individual’s changing aspirations, capacity/capability, goals needs and mental health requirements over time.
Effective communication is vital for this role as you will be working alongside clinical teams and other community agencies to ensure a wraparound service to the people we support.
You will be required to:
- Provide one-on-one support to people with a mental health diagnosis to achieve their goals and aspirations
- Be creative in your problem solving
- Build the right relationships in our community
- Work collaboratively with Clinical Teams and GP clinics to find personalized solutions for our people
- Build on the communities capacity to support our people
- Develop natural support networks in people’s own communities
- Level 4 Certificate in Mental Health/Health and Wellbeing (or equivalent qualification).
- Experience in mental health support work or related health field.
- Knowledge and experience of needs assessment/goal setting or equivalent.
- Knowledge of community resources and the ability to network.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and administrative skills, including data entry and case management experience.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- A commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi and culturally safe practice.
- A current clean Full Drivers Licence.
- Eligibility to work in New Zealand.
For more information about this job, please contact Toni-Anne Matara, Team Manager, Community Support and Community Living Services on 09 299 2671 or 021 275 7760.
A Job Description can be downloaded from the Ember website: www.ember.org.nz/careers
Closing Date: Monday 19th July 2021 at 12:00pm
To apply for this position, please submit all of the following documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download, complete and submit an Application Form from www.ember.org.nz/careers
- Prepare and submit an up-to-date CV.
- Submit a Cover Letter, answering the following questions:
- Why are you interested in this position?
- What skills, competencies, knowledge and experience can you bring to this role?