Community Support Worker (s) - CST
Permanent, Full-time position available
The position will predominately operate out of the North Shore and Rodney areas.
Primarily Monday to Friday, but the position may require weekend work.
Salary: $20.50ph - $25.50ph (depending on qualification)
Increased to $21.50ph - $27.00ph from 1st July 2021
This role falls under Pay Equity Settlement for Mental Health Support Workers.
Client Support Work at its most rewarding – Manageable caseload, no wasted travel, great teamwork with truly pioneering programs.
We have a position available in our Community Support team. This team is supportive and rich in diversity and we welcome new people into the team with open arms.
Our focus is to provide guidance and support at the level necessary for the individual to have a safe and satisfying life. Services and supports are tailored to the individual and their whanau’s needs as well as responsive to the individual’s changing aspirations, capacity/capability, goals and mental health challenges over time.
Effective communication is vital for this role as you will be working alongside clinical teams and other community agencies to ensure a wraparound service to the people we support.
- National Certificate or Diploma in Mental Health Support or a relevant qualification equivalent thereof.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, as these qualities are key to this role.
- Experience to know when and how to engage with Whanau.
- Experience, instinct and decency to be appropriately culturally sensitive.
- Experience/understanding of a client-centered, recovery-focused approach.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), networking and administrative skills, including data entry and case management experience.
- A full New Zealand driver’s license.
The role of Support Worker, we believe, is the key ingredient for successful client outcomes. Consequently, we provide ample and on-going tools and encouragement to develop, grow and flourish in the role, striving to ensure an environment of learning, teamwork and enjoyment.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- In return we will offer you meaningful work, the freedom and flexibility to maintain a work-life balance and great workplace and people to work with.
- Varied training opportunities for personal and professional growth including support to undergo qualifications (where appropriate) as well as support for professional memberships (where applicable).
- A comprehensive wellbeing programme that includes flu vaccinations, health checks and access to an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP).
- A range of additional leave benefits, including additional sick leave, study leave and recreation days!
For more information about this job, please contact: Janice Stirling, on 021 216 4257
Closing Date: Friday, 9th July 2021 at 12:00pm
A Job Description can be downloaded from the Ember website: https://ember.org.nz/careers/
To apply for this position, please submit all of the following documents:
- Download, complete and submit an Application Form from https://ember.org.nz/careers/
- Prepare and submit an up-to-date CV.
- Submit a Cover Letter, answering the following questions:
- Why are you interested in this position?
- What skills, competencies, knowledge and experience can you bring to this role?
4.Email all of the above to email@example.com