Community Support Worker (s)
This permanent, full time position comes with an allocated vehicle, mobile phone and laptop for work purposes.
This position predominately operates out of the North Shore and Rodney areas.
Pay Rate: $21.50ph - $27.00ph (depending on qualification)
This role falls under Pay Equity Settlement for Mental Health Support Workers.
Primarily Monday to Friday, but the position may require weekend work.
- National Certificate or Diploma in Mental Health Support or a relevant qualification equivalent thereof.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, as these qualities are key to this role.
- Experience to know when and how to engage with Whanau.
- Experience, instinct and decency to be appropriately culturally sensitive.
- Experience/understanding of a client-centered, recovery-focused approach.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), networking and administrative skills, including data entry and case management experience.
- A full New Zealand driver’s license.
- Eligibility to work in New Zealand.
The role of Support Worker, we believe, is the key ingredient for successful client outcomes. Consequently, we provide ample and on-going tools and encouragement to develop, grow and flourish in the role, striving to ensure an environment of learning, teamwork and enjoyment.
Community Support Team
Client Support Work at its most rewarding – Manageable caseload, no wasted travel, great teamwork with truly pioneering programs.
We have positions available in our Community Support team. This team is supportive and rich in diversity, and we welcome new people into the team with open arms.
Our focus is to provide guidance and support at the level necessary for the individual to have a safe and satisfying life. Services and supports are tailored to the individual and their whanau’s needs as well as responsive to the individual’s changing aspirations, capacity/capability, goals and mental health challenges over time.
Effective communication is vital for this role as you will be working alongside clinical teams and other community agencies to ensure a wraparound service to the people we support.
A Job Description can be downloaded from the Ember website: https://ember.org.nz/careers/
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit all of the following documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org before Tuesday, 31st August 2021 at 12:00pm
- Download, complete and submit an Application Form from https://ember.org.nz/careers/
- Prepare and submit an up-to-date CV.
- Submit a Cover Letter, answering the following questions:
- Why are you interested in this position?
- What skills, competencies, knowledge and experience can you bring to this role?