We currently have roles with our children's respite service at Spectrum Care covering early mornings, after school, evenings and weekend days.
We have a variety of full-time, part-time, fixed-term and casual opportunities available.
We're looking for team members to help children and teenagers with disabilities to feel safe and have fun while staying at our respite centre in Lower and Upper Hutt. You will need to know how to liven things up, and calm things down, to notice how children are feeling, and to provide them with guidance, comfort or support as needed. You will need to be vigilant, warm, and creative.
Additionally, as the children have a vast range of communication styles, an ability or interest in learning to find effective ways to communicate is very much preferred.
What do you need?
- A commitment and passion for working alongside children and teenagers with a person centered approach.
- The ability to communicate effectively and supportively with the people you support, their families and your colleagues
- The empathy and willingness to support children with their personal cares, such as bathing, dressing and toileting
- A commitment to achieve a Community Support Worker Level 3 qualification
- Stamina! You need to be fit enough for a moderately active role
- Basic computer skills
- A full driver's licence is essential
- Ability to engage with children using a positive behaviour approach or the ability to learn what this looks like.
What you'll get from us
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- Development opportunities and continuing education - we provide support to obtain NZQA Level 2, 3 and 4 Health and Wellbeing qualifications
- A good wage and a rewarding career
- The opportunity to support people with disabilities to live great lives!
If you're interested in supporting children and young people to develop self-confidence and independence, and live their lives of choice, lives like any other, in their own communities, then we want to hear from you today!
For more information please call Leah on 027 641 5264.