MASH operates throughout the lower North Island in the Wellington, Kapiti, Horowhenua, Palmerston North and Hawkes Bay regions.
MASH mental health residential supported accommodation provides community based housing with support staff available depending on the level of need. MASH support staff work in partnership with our people to develop individualised packages and achieve personal goals.
As a Community Support Worker you will be supporting our people by maintaining a high quality of life, a quality home environment, and encouraging full participation in all aspects of community daily life.
This is a full time 80 hours per fortnight position available as a POOL staff member working across a number of our Mental Health Services located in Wellington.
This position is available immediately and you must be available to work Saturdays and Sundays.
A POOL staff member is a staff member that works in a variety of homes covering all of the gaps that we have available due to annual Leave and training. This position means your shift pattern may change from week to week but you are provided your schedule of 80 hours at least a fortnight in advance. You must be available to work both AM and PM shifts, weekdays and weekends.
This role requires:
- A great attitude and passion to support people to achieve their potential
- You to be competent in supporting people with complex health needs, challenging behaviours, and personal cares
- A national certificate in mental health, or relevant qualification or commitment to working towards a qualification funded by MASH
- You to hold a current full drivers licence
What we can offer you:
- An excellent working environment and a great team atmosphere
- Rewarding work where you can make a positive difference to the people you support and the wider community
- Extensive onboarding and ongoing training and professional development opportunities
- Career growth and advancement
Applications for the above role will be reviewed as they are received so the role may close earlier if the right applicants are found.