Every person with a disability deserves a life of freedom, choice and independence. We have full-time and part-time roles available in Mangere, Takanini and Beachaven and a casual role in Henderson for people who want to help children and youth with disabilities to maximise their potential. We are on the look-out for passionate, committed people to work with us in our respite homes, providing support to an amazing bunch of children and young people. We provide diverse support options, from working with babies and children through to providing crisis support for youth.
Some children may have challenging behaviours with personal care required.
Please note that some of the children we support go to school during the day and as such, this role may involve split shifts (early mornings/late afternoon and onward), in additional to weekend and sleepover shifts. We require someone with full availability to work all shifts.
What do you need?
· A Full New Zealand Driver's License
· Experience supporting children or youth, and/or people with disabilities or challenging behaviours
· The ability to communicate effectively with your colleagues and the people you support (including effective use of technology/computer skills)
· The empathy and willingness to support people with daily living tasks, personal cares, goals, dreams and aspirations
· To be fit enough for a moderately active role
What you'll get from us
· Ongoing development and study opportunities - earn while you learn!
· A supportive and collaborative work environment
· Pay rates starting from $21.50 - $27.00 per hour based on Health and Wellbeing qualifications (or equivalent)
· A meaningful, life changing career with a chance to make a real difference
If you're interested in supporting children and youth to develop self-confidence and independence, and live their lives of choice, then we want to hear from you today!
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org