This position comes with an allocated vehicle, mobile phone and laptop for work purposes.
Closing date for applications: This position will be advertised until filled
Ember is an Essential Service falls under Health Sector, as part of this role, you must be fully vaccinated including Booster vaccination.
If you’re excited about working for a progressive organisation at the forefront of Mental Health and Addictions and want to be part of a vibrant culture Ember Korowai Takitini is for you.
Ember blends professional expertise and lived experience to offer a range of services and supports for anyone with mental health, addiction or intellectual disability needs. We desire a society that better understands and responds to mental distress, addiction, and intellectual disability.
Community Support Team
Client Support Work at its most rewarding – Manageable caseload, no wasted travel, great teamwork with truly pioneering programs.
We have positions available in our Community Support team. This team is supportive and rich in diversity, and we welcome new people into the team with open arms.
Our focus is to provide guidance and support at the level necessary for the individual to have a safe and satisfying life. Services and supports are tailored to the individual and their whanau’s needs as well as responsive to the individual’s changing aspirations, capacity/capability, goals and mental health challenges over time.
Effective communication is vital for this role as you will be working alongside clinical teams and other community agencies to ensure a wraparound service to the people we support.
- National Certificate or Diploma in Mental Health Support or a relevant qualification equivalent thereof.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, as these qualities are key to this role.
- Experience to know when and how to engage with Whanau.
- Experience, instinct and decency to be appropriately culturally sensitive.
- Experience/understanding of a client-centered, recovery-focused approach.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), networking and administrative skills, including data entry and case management experience.
- A full New Zealand driver’s license.
- Eligibility to work in New Zealand.
- At least 1 year work experience in the similar role.
The role of Support Worker, we believe, is the key ingredient for successful client outcomes. Consequently, we provide ample and on-going tools and encouragement to develop, grow and flourish in the role, striving to ensure an environment of learning, teamwork and enjoyment.
A Job Description can be downloaded from the Ember website: https://ember.org.nz/careers/
Please submit all of the following documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download, complete and submit an Application Form from https://ember.org.nz/careers/
- Prepare and submit an up-to-date CV.
- Submit a Cover Letter, answering the following questions:
- Why are you interested in this position?
- What skills, competencies, knowledge and experience can you bring to this role?
Ember is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and embrace diversity and inclusion in the workplace and are committed to providing a safe and supportive environment for all.