- Connect local communities and people to resources
- Full time role, Monday – Friday 8.30 – 5.00
- Based at our Houchens Centre, Hamilton
Here to Help U is a community-led initiative by the Wisegroup and Community Waikato, where Waikato based community organisations are doubling down to provide people with health and wellbeing support. Here to Help U is part of Mental Health Solutions, and uses an online system where people can easily and safely request the help they need.
A dedicated group of community providers will have the benefit of a secure digital system to deliver people the timely support they need. Community providers are working tirelessly to ensure support services and supplies will be available to those in need. The new website now gives local people who are in hardship or needing help a one-stop-shop to go to. People can select from categories including food (food parcels and prepared meals), essential household items, mental health support, collection service, local general support, and safe social connection.
About the role
The role of Connector is to be the interface between the person requesting help and the community provider.
This is a full-time, working 40 hours per week from Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.00pm. The role is based at our Houchens Centre, Hamilton.
Contribute to our reputation for excellence and innovation through delivering high quality service, and by seeking opportunity to continuously support the work that we do.
Provide support to the Here to Help U team to deliver an efficient, top quality service
Build and maintain relationships with Community Providers, ensuring sustainable connections to continue to provide assistance easily and safely
Does this describe you?
- You have strong skills and/or relevant experience in the field of mental health and/or social work preferred (not essential), you may even have experience as a systems administrator.
- You’re empathetic and caring towards others
- You have exceptional relationship building and communication skills
- You’re adaptable and have great problem-solving skills
- You’re able to focus to “Listen, Connect, Act”
- You have a whānau focussed approach
- You have strong computer and technical skills and an ability to learn new systems quickly
Application Closes: Monday 15 March 2021. Please note, this advert may close sooner if a suitable candidate is found.
For further information on the Wise Group, please visit our website www.wisegroup.co.nz