COUNSELLOR - Whanganui - 40 hours per week
- Be part of a values based organisation that supports it staff
- Looking for on-going professional training and development?
- Get involved in mediation and group facilitation
Family Works is one of the largest NGOs providing integrated social services for the whole community. Family Works provides a range of services to families and communities including needs assessments, social work, counselling and therapy and a range of life-skills and parenting courses.
We are part of Presbyterian Support Central (PSC) which is a charity incorporated under the Charitable Trusts Act 1957. While we operate as a separate entity to the Presbyterian Church, our name is a celebration of our beginnings, our heritage and the values we share.
Our Family Works services support children, young people, families and communities who have experienced trauma, family violence, separation, poverty, stress and anxiety, to have a safer and brighter future.
About the Role
We are seeking a dedicated Counsellor who has a good understanding of family and child context.
In this role you’ll deliver counselling and related support to families and whanau.
You can expect to be looking after a busy caseload where no two days are the same. It may involve , group work and related services to individuals, adults, adolescents, couples, families and whanau. You will be involved in working with children, families and individuals affected by domestic violence and other issues.
What can we offer you?
- We can offer you the chance to work as part of a connected team who collaborate and provide peer support to each other
- Job satisfaction from working with a variety of programmes to support people facing challenging times
- Enable people to resolve difficult issues and situations
- Work as part of an organisation that is growing and developing it's services to the community
- Be supported with your own well-being and personal development by an organisation that really cares
- Our staff can benefit from access to discounted healthcare cover and employee assistance programmes
You are a passionate, energetic person with the ability to connect to children and their families. You will be knowledgeable, organised and have excellent communication skills. Your approach to your work will be with kindness, good understand of the counselling Modalities and process and above all, the drive to do right by the Client.
You will be a NZAC accredited - full or provisional - Counsellor to work with families, parents and children, with experience working with family harm and or mental health would be an advantage.
In addition to being a passionate counsellor, you will also have:
- Experience working with vulnerable individuals, youth and children
- Membership with a professional organisation (full or provisional)
- Flexible, skilled, safe and creative approaches in supporting vulnerable people.
- Experience working with family violence and trauma would be an advantage
- Experience facilitating group programs (Adult and children)
- A positive approach and ability to work in a collaborative team.
- You will hold a valid Covid-19 vaccine passport and evidence of Booster, if eligiable
Come and contribute to being part of the Family Works team and ensuring we are well equipped to deliver the very best services we can. APPLY NOW!
How to apply
PLEASE APPLY VIA OUR WEBSITE: https://psc.qjumpersjobs.co/
If you would like further information, please contact Raewyn Anderson on (06) 345 6681 or get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be keen to interview shortlisted applicants as they are received, so apply early to avoid missing the opportunity to be considered.
Only those with the legal right to work in NZ may apply.
Candidates should expect to undergo police vetting for these roles and Family Works may need to contact our key stakeholders such as Ministry of Social Development or Ministry of Justice to ensure that there is no conflict of interest between the candidate and the organisation.