- Strategic thought leadership position (Wellington based)
- Key influencing role improving mental health and wellbeing outcomes
- Te Tiriti o Waitangi grounded organisation
Do you thrive in an environment where you can be part of shaping something new? Are you looking for a role that will have a positive impact on the lives of all people in Aotearoa New Zealand?
The Mental Health and Wellbeing Commission opened its doors on 9 February 2021 to bring leadership and oversight to the transformation of our mental health and addiction system, and to contribute to better and equitable mental health and wellbeing outcomes for all people in Aotearoa.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, you will provide the strategic thought leadership and intellectual heft to play a key role in influencing the transformation of the mental health and wellbeing system now and into the future.
This will be done through leading the monitoring, provision of advice and promotion of addressing the social determinants that contribute to mental health and wellbeing.
This position will lead on cross-government relationships and ensuring the voices of Māori and priority population groups are reflected in the
implementation of the He Ara Oranga Wellbeing Outcomes Framework.
You will also drive the strategic approach for the data insights capability (both qualitative and quantitative) for the Commission and taking an all of Government approach leading the set-up of how these frameworks are developed.
This is a rare opportunity to be at the conceptual edge of driving large-scale policy development and advance how government thinks about and invests to improve wellbeing in Aotearoa, in particular for Māori and our priority population groups.
We are looking for someone who has:
- extensive experience in policy and leadership roles with a focus on improving wellbeing and outcomes
- experience working on projects requiring a whole of government approach
- a high level of credibility and respect across the mental health and wellbeing sectors with the ability to influence sector outcomes
- knowledge of applying Te Tiriti o Waitangi, Māori tikanga and a Te ao Māori world view to monitoring and improving wellbeing and outcomes
- experience leading the development, establishment and embedding of measurement and evaluation frameworks, systems, and processes on a national level
- previous experience in developing and implementing data management capabilities
- qualification in a relevant discipline (ideally a Masters as a minimum).
As a Te Tiriti o Waitangi-grounded organisation, we are committed to fulfilling our responsibility as an independent Crown Entity to honour Te Tiriti o Waitangi and work in partnership with Māori.
We want our workforce to be a reflection of our communities across Aotearoa and are actively seeking applications from people who represent that diversity.
To apply, please go to our website www.mhwc.govt.nz where you can download the position descriptions and application form. Please send your completed application form to email@example.com
Applications close 5pm Wednesday, 8 September 2021.