- Lead and oversee the delivery of high quality addiction services
- Extensive stakeholder engagement
- Based in Newtown, Wellington
The Salvation Army Wellington Bridge Centre exists to provide safe, integrated, high quality treatment and support services to people whose lives have been affected by alcohol or substance use. They provide a wide range of services, including a residential programme in Newtown, community based service in Upper Hutt, case work and support to the Wellington and Porirua District Court, recovery houses that support clients as they transition from the residential programme into the community, a detox service in Palmerston North and an intensive treatment programme within Manawatu prison. These services are evidenced based, known and recognised for being person-centred, caring, transformative and responsive.
As a key member of a national team, the Director is responsible for the overall management of regional operations, with key accountabilities including staff leadership and mentorship, stakeholder engagement, strategy planning and implementation, cultural safety, financial, risk and business management
The team at the Wellington Bridge really enjoy their work and operate with a high level of trust and transparency; they’re creative and innovative, which has led to the Wellington Bridge recently being nominated for an award by CCDHB for Excellence in Innovation and Future Thinking – the only non-governmental organisation to be nominated this year!
- Strong leadership capabilities with proven staff management experience
- A background in the social services / mental health / addictions sector
- A clinical qualification and current registration is preferred (for example, DAPAANZ, SWRB, NZAC)
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- A collaborative approach
- Business management experience with demonstrated abilities in organisational budgets and finance
- Ability to think strategically, articulate and implement a vision
- Very highly developed written and oral communication skills
- Strong relationship building and networking capabilities at all levels
- A commitment to the mission and values of The Salvation Army
As the service operates 24/7, there is the requirement for the Director to be on-call.
Applications close: 5.00pm Wednesday 17 November 2021
Applications to: Kirsty McLaren via mclaren.co.nz
Position description: Available to view at mclaren.co.nz
P: 04 499 1069
View the position description by copying this link into your browser: https://mclaren.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/TSA-PD-Wellington-Bridge-Director-2.11.21.pdf