- Based in Wellington; other NZ locations will be considered
- Improve access to recreation places and spaces for people with disabilities
- New national role, three-year fixed term
Ko mātou te reo o ngā mahi a te Rēhia ki Aotearoa, hei māngai mō ngā ringa ngaio katoa i roto i tēnei ahumahi. Ko ta mātou mahi, kia whakamana ngā mema kia whakataka ngā wheako kounga i raro te ruruhau o Rēhia, ki ngā wāhi me ngā tūmahi katoa. Ko te whainaga kia whakaohooho, kia honohono, kia whakaora ia tātou katoa.
We are the voice of Recreation in Aotearoa, representing all professionals in the industry. We empower our members to deliver the quality Recreation experiences, places and facilities, that fuel a more active, healthy, and connected Aoteraroa.
TE PAE RANGI - LONG TERM VISION
ReCreate a Nation
TE PAE TAWHITI – MISSION
Te Whai Oranga Enhancing wellbeing through recreation
This is a fantastic, newly created opportunity to make a significant contribution to improving access to recreation places and spaces for people with disabilities, with a particular focus on tamariki and rangatahi. The role is for a three-year fixed term, to line up with the Sport NZ funding for the role.
With a national focus, you will develop and champion standards, guidelines, and advice to the active recreation sector, for access to outdoor recreation, play spaces, facilities, parks & open space.
In addition, you will play an advocacy role; contributing to the championing of accessibility in the outdoors to central and local government policy and decision makers and will facilitate a coordinated approach to the provision of consumer technology and information on accessible tracks.
You will be a self-driven champion for the recreation and disability sectors with a strong ability to conceptualise and see the big picture, as well as have the creativity to bring concepts into reality.
Recreation Aotearoa is focused on developing a strong recreation industry that meets the needs of current and future participants. This is your chance to be part of the ‘go-to’ organisation for professionals involved in parks, play and recreation throughout New Zealand and to make an important contribution to the accessibility of recreation places and spaces for people with disabilities.
- Lived experience of disability, with an understanding of the barriers and challenges faced by people with disabilities
- Knowledge and experience of accessibility issues relating to active recreation
- Passionate about the Outdoor Recreation, Play, and Parks and Open Spaces sectors
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to establish effective stakeholder relationships
- Experienced in producing engaging written content for newsletters and social media
- Strong time management capabilities and the ability to prioritise own workload
- A keen eye for detail
- Able to adapt and be agile
- Ability to use initiative and work autonomously
- Commitment to developing your cultural capability and capacity in te ao Māori
- Knowledge of te reo Māori me ōna tikanga
- Understanding of, and ability to apply, the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Personable, genuine and customer focused
- A good sense of humour and positive attitude
Applications close: 5pm, Wednesday 9th February 2022
Applications to: Nikki Walshaw via mclaren.co.nz
Position description: Available to view at mclaren.co.nz
P: 04 499 1069
View the position description by copying this link into your browser: