- Work-from-home, roles available - 24 Hours and 32 Hours per week
- Paid Clinical Supervision and ongoing professional development
- Market rate salary, penal rates, and great benefits
About the role
As a Triage Nurse in the Earlier Mental Health Response team, you will provide urgent critical support across New Zealand.
This is an exciting role where no two calls are the same! You will interact with DHBs, Police, Ambulance and other emergency referrals as well as taking after-hours crisis calls from patients.
Our service operates 24/7 and our peak times are evenings, overnights and weekends. Our team all work-from-home but ongoing support is available from your peers, our leadership team and external Clinical Supervisors.
We have opportunities part-time (24 hours per week OR 32 Hours per week).
More specifically your role will involve:
- Putting the patient's needs first and respecting their confidentiality and privacy
- Working closely with stakeholders like DHBs, Police and Ambulance
- Following our clinical guidelines and using decision support software
- Giving advice that respects cultural needs and demonstrates cultural awareness
- Escalating issues and referring calls to other staff or health service providers where required
This is a busy but empowering role where you will have the opportunity to change lives.
To do that effectively, you will need:
- To be a Registered Nurse with a current NZ practising certificate
- Experience in mental health triage, suicide, risk, and intervention preferably over the phone
- To build rapport and deliver a recovery orientated, person-centred approach to people in distress
- Excellent time management, sound clinical judgement and tech savvy
Whakarongorau is a leader in New Zealand's virtual Healthcare landscape. We bring together a range of national helplines, including - Healthline, Need to Talk 1737, Quitline, Alcohol and Drug Helpline, Gambling Helpline and a range of Health and Mental Health after-hours services.
As part of our well-respected national organisation, you will be supported Pokohiwi Ki Pokohiwi (shoulder to shoulder).
We celebrate the success of our staff and continually aim higher.