- With no two days the same, and a wide breadth of clients across Aotearoa
- Receive four weeks paid training to stretch and grow your skills and competitive pay
- Enjoy the ability to work autonomously and independently
Homecare Medical is a fast-growing leader in New Zealand's virtual healthcare landscape. We bring together a range of national helplines, including supporting Aotearoa's crucial 111 Emergency Call Centre. It's a fresh, connected approach to health care!
About the role
As an Emergency Teletriage Nurse/Paramedic, you'll be offering essential health and well-being support and advice to people right across New Zealand. You'll join a dynamic and specialist team, working in shifts to provide 24/7 support over the phone and online for a range of healthcare services. An energising work environment and opportunity to work alongside 111 Emergency Call Centre at St Johns Ambulance Service in Mount Wellington.
This role will suit those attracted to working autonomously and independently to apply their well-honed triage skills. In this role you will do the following:
- Provide secondary care to patients who may not require an ambulance, however are in serious need of medical support
- Triage patients over the telephone, to assess and help callers take appropriate action, or utilise the correct level of care for a given problem
- Give advice and support that respects backgrounds and cultures
- Comply with nursing codes of conduct and best practice, including respecting patient confidentiality, privacy and individual needs
- Record caller information in our database and following our clinical guidelines and using decision support software
- NZ Registered Nurse with a current practising certificate or Paramedic with current authority to practise
- Background in general nursing with three years' post-registration experience or five plus years paramedic experience
- Ideally, two years' experience in acute care, primary care or teletriage
- Excellent communication skills
- Stay calm under pressure
- Confidence to work with technology, tools, and resources
As a part of our well-respected national organisation, you will be supported with strong, on-going learning and development programmes, guidance and coaching from a knowledgeable, supportive management team. We use technology to virtually support kiwis to stay well and connect them seamlessly with care when they need it.
If the idea of a role where you can positively impact the lives and well-being of your fellow New Zealanders appeals, we'd love to hear from you!