Permanent, Full-Time (40 hours a week) positions available. Monday to Friday.
Employment Consultant to cover: West Auckland
Office hub is Huia Road, Otahuhu
Pay: $20.50 - $25.50 ph.
This service falls under pay equity for Mental Health. Pay is dependent on qualification.
The position comes with a commuter use vehicle and mobile phone for work purposes
Here is an opportunity for you to use your passion and enthusiasm to make a difference to the lives of New Zealanders!
Ember is a new mental health addiction and intellectual disability group formed from the merger of two pioneering NGOs, Connect Supporting Recovery and Framework Trust. We deliver community based mental health and intellectual disability services in the greater Auckland and Northland region.
Ember Employment provide employment support for people who have experienced mental distress.
We offer a demanding, yet exciting work environment with ongoing training and supervision. Our team is supportive, experienced, and committed to meeting contractual requirements.
Main Tasks and Duties:
- Supporting clients into employment of their choice
- Assisting clients to develop an up to date CV, completing job applications and interview confidence
- Ongoing support for clients in employment
- Building the ‘right relationships’ with employers
- Assisting clients to recognise and maximise their strengths
- Liaising with Mental Health Services, Work and Income and other support people
- Assisting clients to work towards their recovery goals and develop their career plans
- A team player
- Ability to effectively build and maintain relationships
- Communicates well with people of diverse backgrounds and ages
- Thrives on achieving targets
- Ability to mentor and support job seekers
- Proficient computer skills in MS Word and Outlook
- Creative problem solving skills
- Eligibility to work in New Zealand
- A current full New Zealand driver’s licence
- Experience of working in Employment Support or related role e.g. Work and Income, Careers Advice, Benefits
- Previous experience in the disability, youth, residential and/or mental health sector(s)
- A relevant/transferrable tertiary qualification – Preferably Level 4 Equivalent
For more information about this job, please contact: Vinesh Govind, Team Manager, on 09 523 2790 or 021 976 525
At Ember we value our employees and therefore offer a range of benefits as well as the resources required to ensure you are able to perform at your best;
- The freedom and flexibility to maintain a work-life balance
- A personal commuter use vehicle, mobile phone and laptop for work purposes
- Varied training opportunities for personal and professional growth including support to undergo qualifications (where appropriate) as well as support for professional memberships (where applicable)
- A comprehensive wellbeing programme that includes flu vaccinations, diabetes checks and access to an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Staff benefits card with discounts on a large range of quality products and services
- 10 days sick leave per anniversary year
- 5 days study leave per anniversary year
- 2 recreation days per anniversary year
Closing Date: Friday 9th April 2021 at 12noon
A Job Description can be downloaded from the Ember website: https://ember.org.nz/careers/
To apply for this position, please submit all of the following documents:
- Download, complete and submit an Application Form from https://ember.org.nz/careers/
- Prepare and submit an up-to-date CV.
- Submit a Cover Letter, answering the following questions:
- Why are you interested in this position?
- What skills, competencies, knowledge and experience can you bring to this role?
4 Email all of the above to: firstname.lastname@example.org