- New opportunities in our expanding team
- Full time, Monday-Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm, based in Hamilton
- Join a team that makes a difference in people’s lives every day
Creating work connections: supporting people to live their dreams
Tēnā koutou katoa, Talofa lava, Mālō e lelei, Noa'ia, Mauri, Ni Sa Bula Vinaka, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Tālofa, Kia orana, Mālō nī, and warm Pacific greetings
Workwise employment consultants have a unique job. We support people who are facing personal or health challenges and help them to find and keep work.
What we do makes a huge difference in people’s lives. We help give hope to people and their whānau.
No two days are the same as an employment consultant. We work:
- in the community and in collaboration with other agencies (for example Work and Income, NGO and government services, housing, mental health teams)
- alongside a diverse group of people within our communities
- with employers to support them to find great staff.
This is a full time role, Monday-Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm, based in Hamilton.
Workwise has been operating for over 20 years across the country. We are part of the Wise Group, a leading provider of community-based services. You’ll be joining a positive work environment where people are valued.
You’ll be reporting to the team leader of our Waikato team.
If you think the following sounds like you, please apply:
- excited by keeping busy and achieving results.
- good at building relationships and excited by achieving results for people and communities.
- love being part of a team, but can confidently work independently.
- able to think quickly and problem-solve effectively.
- excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ideally, you will have experience working in either social services, housing, mental health, addiction, disability, Māori services, Corrections or employment sectors.
- You must hold a full driver’s licence.
Applicants must hold the New Zealand Level 4 Certificate in Health and Wellbeing or a recognised equivalent or other allied health qualification. Alternatively, you can commence study towards this within six months of starting your employment with Workwise. We offer significant support to complete this study, please feel free to contact us to discuss.
The Wise Group are passionate supporters of our communities and vulnerable populations. We place a high value on the safety and wellbeing of our staff and the people we support. We endorse the Ministry of Health recommendation for vaccinations to protect us all against COVID-19. It is therefore our expectation that all new Wise Group employees are vaccinated.
You’ll be well resourced in your role, with access to laptops, cars and cell phones. We offer generous annual and sick leave and opportunities for training and development.
Closing date: Sunday 17 October 2021. Please note, this advert may close sooner if a suitable candidate is found prior to the closing date.
Contact: Megan Jones, Senior Lead, 027 267 0177
Position Description: https://www.wisegroup.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Employment-Consultant-PD-March-2020.pdf
Please include a cover letter with your application.
For more information about Workwise, please visit www.workwise.org.nz
Workwise is committed to healthy lifestyles and actively supports a smoke free environment.
All new appointees into Workwise require background checking. Under the requirements of the Children's Act 2014, new employees that are identified as working under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process.