- Permanent, full-time position available
- Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 5.00pm in Central Auckland
- Benefits includeextra annual leave + subsidies for kid's holiday programmes
Kia ora, Tālofa lava, Mālō e lelei, Bula Vinaka, Fakalofa lahi atu, Kia Orana, Sastrikal, Namaste, Salam and warm Pacific greetings to you.
Mō mātou: About us
Workwise has been operating for over 20 years across the country. We are part of the Wise Group, a leading provider of mental health and wellbeing services in New Zealand www.wisegroup.co.n
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi: About this role
Workwise employment consultants/ kairapu tūranga mahi have a really unique job. We work with people/tāngata whai mahi who are facing personal or health challenges and help them to find and keep work.
Are you someone who enjoys making a difference in people’s lives? You will work closely with people accessing community mental health and addictions support, social services, government agencies, training providers and employers.
No two days are the same as an employment consultant. We work alongside people and their whānau, who have a range of backgrounds, cultures and experiences.
This is a full-time position, working Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 5.00pm in Central Auckland.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako: Skills and experience
Our employment consultants work alongside people and their whānau, who have a range of backgrounds, cultures and experiences. This requires quality interactions and engagement to support people to connect with employers, whānau, health and welfare providers, and communities. Cultural competence is essential in these roles and we particularly encourage Māori and Pacific people to apply.
Successful employment consultants have the following skill sets:
- Ability to build relationships and achieve results for people
- Successful applications must also have a full NZ driver licence.
- Love to be part of a team but can confidently work independently
- Ability to think quickly and problem-solve effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in the social service, addiction, youth, mental health, disability, employment or other sectors that focus on improving people’s lives. Lived experience is also valued.
It is preferred that applicants hold the New Zealand Level 4 Certificate in Health and Wellbeing or a recognised equivalent. Alternatively, you can commence free study towards this within six months of starting your employment with Workwise. We offer significant support to complete this study, please feel free to contact us to discuss.
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou: What we offer
- Subsidies for school holiday programmes
- Extra annual leave after 12 months employment
- Ensuring you have the tools needed to be successful, including access to a laptop and mobile phone.
- Access to book fleet cars to use for work purposes
- Income protection
- Ongoing and regular coaching
- Discounted plans with Southern Cross for medical insurance
- Special banking treatments for Westpac customers
- And EAP services
Rā Katinga: Applications close: 27 May 2022. Please note, this advert may close sooner if a suitable candidate is found prior to the closing date.
Position description: Please copy and paste the link into your browser: https://www.wisegroup.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Employment-Consultant-PD-March-2020.pdf
Contact: Paris Barbara-Perez, Team Lead, 027 267 4327
The Covid-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021 requires staff working in health-related services to be fully vaccinated (this includes any subsequent boosters). As a provider we are responsible for ensuring all of our employees are vaccinated as per the mandate and employees are responsible for ensuring we have access to their information.
Workwise is committed to healthy lifestyles and actively supports a smoke free environment.
**All new appointees into Workwise require background checking. Under the requirements of the Children's Act 2014, new employees that are identified as working under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process