- New opportunities in our expanding team.
- Full time, Monday-Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm, Based in Tauranga.
- Join a team that makes a difference in people’s lives every day.
Creating work connections: supporting people to live their dreams.
Tēnā koutou katoa, Noa'ia, Mauri, Ni Sa Bula Vinaka, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Kia orana, Mālō e lelei, Mālō nī, Tālofa lava, and warm Pacific greetings
Workwise employment consultants have a unique job. We support people who are facing personal or health challenges and help them to find and keep work.
What we do makes a huge difference in people’s lives. We help give hope to people and their whānau.
No two days are the same as an employment consultant. We work:
- in the community and in collaboration with other agencies (for example NGO and government services, housing, mental health teams).
- alongside people with a range of backgrounds, cultures, and experiences.
- with employers to support them to find great staff.
This role will be working alongside The People’s Project team in Tauranga. The People’s Project use the Housing First approach to help people in Tauranga get the services they need, with housing being the first priority.
Workwise has been operating for over 20 years across the country. We are part of the Wise Group, a leading provider of community-based services. You’ll be joining a positive work environment where people are valued.
You’ll be reporting to the team leader of our Bay of Plenty team.
If you think the following sounds like you, please apply:
- excited by keeping busy and by achieving results for people.
- good at building relationships.
- love being part of a team, and can also confidently work independently.
- able to think quickly and problem-solve effectively.
- excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ideally, you will have experience working in either social services, housing, mental health, addiction, disability, Corrections or employment sectors.
- You must hold a full driver’s licence.
Applicants must hold the New Zealand Level 4 Certificate in Health and Wellbeing or a recognised equivalent. Alternatively, you can commence study towards this within six months of starting your employment with Workwise. We offer significant support to complete this study, please feel free to contact us to discuss.
You’ll be well resourced in your role, with access to laptops, cars and cell phones. We offer generous annual and sick leave and opportunities for training and development.
Closing date: 1 August 2021. Please note, this advert may close sooner if a suitable candidate is found prior to the closing date.
Contact: Nik Andre, Senior Lead, 027 678 3996
Position Description: https://www.wisegroup.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Employment-Consultant-PD-March-2020.pdf
For more information about Workwise, please visit www.workwise.org.nz
Workwise is committed to healthy lifestyles and actively supports a smoke free environment.
All new appointees into Workwise require background checking. Under the requirements of the Children's Act 2014, new employees that are identified as working under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process.