Employment Consultants x2
Northland (1 in Kerikeri, 1 in Kaitaia)
Permanent, Full-Time (40 hours a week) positions available. Monday to Friday.
Pay: $21.50 - $27.00 ph.
This service falls under pay equity for Mental Health. Pay is dependent on qualification.
The position comes with an allocated work vehicle, laptop and mobile phone for work purposes
Ember is an Essential Service falls under Health Sector, as part of this role, you must be fully vaccinated including Booster vaccination.
If you’re excited about working for a progressive organisation at the forefront of Mental Health and Addictions and want to be part of a vibrant culture Ember Korowai Takitini is for you.
Ember blends professional expertise and lived experience to offer a range of services and supports for anyone with mental health, addiction, or intellectual disability needs. We desire a society that better understands and responds to mental distress, addiction, and intellectual disability.
Here is an opportunity for you to use your passion and enthusiasm to make a difference to the lives of New Zealanders
Ember Employment provides employment support for people who have experienced mental distress.
We have recently expanded our employment service provision in the Northland region and are looking for 2 employment consultants. One based in Kaitaia and the second based in the Kerikeri area serving the Northern part of the region.
We offer a demanding, yet exciting work environment with ongoing training and supervision. Our team is supportive, experienced, and committed to meeting contractual requirements.
Main Tasks and Duties:
- Supporting clients into employment of their choice
- Assisting clients to develop an up-to-date CV, completing job applications and interview confidence
- Ongoing support for clients in employment
- Building the ‘right relationships’ with employers
- Assisting clients to recognise and maximise their strengths
- Liaising with Mental Health Services, Work and Income and other support people
- Assisting clients to work towards their recovery goals and develop their career plans
- A team player
- Ability to effectively build and maintain relationships
- Communicates well with people of diverse backgrounds and ages
- Thrives on achieving targets
- Ability to mentor and support job seekers
- Proficient computer skills in MS Word and Outlook
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Eligibility to work in New Zealand
- A current full New Zealand driver’s licence
- A passion for the Northland region
- Experience of working in Employment Support or related role e.g Work and Income, Careers Advice, Benefits
- Previous experience in the disability, youth, residential and/or mental health sector(s)
- A relevant/transferrable tertiary qualification – Preferably Level 4 Equivalent
For more information about this job, please contact:
Iain Taylor, Team Manager on 021 02972484
At Ember we value our employees and therefore offer a range of benefits as well as the resources required to ensure you are able to perform at your best;
- The freedom and flexibility to maintain a work-life balance
- An allocated work vehicle, mobile phone and laptop for work purposes
- Varied training opportunities for personal and professional growth including support to undergo qualifications (where appropriate) as well as support for professional memberships (where applicable)
- ·A comprehensive wellbeing programme that includes flu vaccinations, diabetes checks and access to an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- 10 days sick leave per anniversary year
- 5 days study leave per anniversary year
- 2 recreation days per anniversary year
Closing Date: This position will be advertised until filled
A Job Description can be downloaded from the Ember website: https://ember.org.nz/careers/
To apply for this position, please submit all of the following documents:
- Download, complete and submit an Application Form from https://ember.org.nz/careers/
- Prepare and submit an up-to-date CV.
- Submit a Cover Letter, answering the following questions:
- Why are you interested in this position?
- What skills, competencies, knowledge and experience can you bring to this role?
Email all of the above to: email@example.com
Ember is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and embrace diversity and inclusion in the workplace and are committed to providing a safe and supportive environment for all.