Odyssey has supported thousands of New Zealanders whose lives are affected by addiction and/ or mental health challenges. We wholeheartedly believe that everyone living in New Zealand should have the opportunity to live life to the fullest, to feel hopeful about their future and to have meaningful relationships with friends and whānau.
We have an exciting new opportunity for two capable Employment Specialists. You will be joining a new service called Take Charge, which in partnership with the Ministry of Social Development, is being launched by Odyssey in May 2021. Comprising a team of clinical staff, employment specialists and peer support specialists – you will be working in partnership with young people (rangatahi) aged 18 to 24 years with mental health and/or addiction issues, with the aim of supporting them into work or study.
The approach taken at Take Charge is based on the Individual Placement and Support (IPS) model. IPS is an evidenced based approach that supports people with mild to moderate mental illness, offering easily accessible community-based assessment and support to gain and maintain employment or training. Walking alongside them, you will be helping to empower rangatahi, to take the next step in their journey.
Our ideal candidate will have:
· A demonstrated commitment and motivation to work with young people
· At least 1 year’s relevant work experience in a similar role, including experience of working with rangatahi to develop their full potential and/or gain employment
· Experience of working in the health, social development, mental health or addictions sectors
· Experience in Motivational Interviewing and other relevant models of intervention
· Experience of facilitating groups
· Great interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to establish rapport and maintain relationships with a wide range of people
· Full Current New Zealand Driver’s license
· A relevant qualification e.g. in Social Work, Health Science, HR or Occupational Therapy (desirable)
In return we offer:
· A competitive salary
· Passionate work colleagues and a great place to work
· The opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of vulnerable rangatahi
All applicants should include a CV, cover letter and complete the online registration and application form on Odyssey’s website. For all enquiries please contact Ursula Mochocka in the first instance on 09 623 1447 ext. 727.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please also note that Police and Ministry of Social Development clearance checks will be required for this role.
Closing date: Friday 2nd April 2021 at 4.00pm
To apply for this role please click on this link: https://odyssey.qjumpersjobs.co/jobs/details/Employment_Specialist-1042038