- Rewarding mahi supporting acute mental health events
- Unique career development opportunities
- Become part of the Canterbury DHB whānau
- Roles available at Te Awakura, Seager and Tupuna
About the company
Specialist Mental Health Services are an interdisciplinary team that forms part of the Canterbury District Health Board (CDHB). We are committed to working and partnering with tāngata whaiora (consumers) and their whānau (family). Constantly striving to work within our philosophy, we develop therapeutic, supportive and empowering relationships with our consumers, enabling them to achieve their personal goals and aspirations.
About the team
Te Awakura (Adult Inpatient Group) is a 64-bed adult acute inpatient unit that provides 24-hour care to consumers experiencing acute mental illness. Our model of care primarily focuses on integrated multidisciplinary teams who strive to provide excellent care to tāngata whaiora in the least restrictive manner.
There are four 16-bed acute inpatient wards that make up Te Awakura. These wards cover the North, East, South and West quadrants of Christchurch. We are a kind and compassionate group who values partnering with our consumers and their whānau whilst ensuring that we provide them with high-quality care.
About the role
We are looking for Enrolled Nurses with mental health scope to join one of our teams on a full time fixed-term basis. You will find yourself constantly thinking on your feet whilst contributing essential services within a rewarding field; working alongside a multidisciplinary team to deliver high-level care to our tāngata whaiora who have complex mental health needs. With a key focus on career development, we value honesty, respect and integrity.
- 12 month fixed term position available
- Rostering pattern of 4 days on, 2 days off for full time
- Rotating morning, afternoon, and night shifts
- Work autonomously and as part of a cohesive multi-disciplinary team
Skills & experience:
- Registered with the Nursing Council of New Zealand with a current APC
- Mental Health scope and experience
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Positive, confident and resilient
- A keen eye for risk mitigation
- Strong focus on relationship-building
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do.
We value care and respect for others; integrity in all we do; and taking responsibility for outcomes.
Here at the Canterbury DHB we believe that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. We are an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
- Fantastic benefits scheme
- Opportunity for flexible working arrangements
- Ongoing career development
- Employment terms in line with the nursing MECA
How to apply
Please submit your most recent resume along with a cover letter stating your preferred location and if you’re looking for full or part time employment.
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.cdhbcareers.co.nz complete an application.
Contact us on email@example.com for additional information
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!