Nau mai, haere mai ki Ūpoko ki te uru hauora.
Location: Primarily based at Hutt Valley DHB
Service: Ear Nose and Throat sub-regional service.
Contract: Permanent, Full-time 40 hours per week Monday – Friday
(FTE flexibility considered for right applicant)
Salary: Grade 4 Senior Nurse and Midwifery Salary Scale
Kōrero mō te tūranga – About the role
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced registered nurse to become the next Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) for Ear, Nose and Throat Surgery (ENT) also known as Otorhinolaryngology (ORL), which includes Head and Neck Surgery.
This position is primarily based at Hutt Hospital, however the successful candidate will be expected to work across all sites within the greater Wellington sub-region as required, recognising that the majority of work will be at Hutt Hospital.
The ENT team provides an inpatient and outpatient care to the greater Wellington region population at Wellington, Kenepuru, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa hospital sites.
The CNS role is a broad spectrum role which works across the clinical environment, providing ENT patients and health care providers with the clinical expertise and speciality advice according to best practice. Practice development and supporting change implementation is an important aspect of this role. The CNS will work closely with the multi-disciplinary team (MDT), with the aim of improving patient outcomes and optimising care.
The successful person must have proven leadership skills, be able to work autonomously, relish change and have a good understanding of how outpatient services function. While previous ear examination skills would be an advantage, we are willing to offer specialist training to the right person. If you are interested and have the right skills please do not hesitate to apply.
Moū – About you & your experience:
- Manage CNS led clinics to meet patient and service needs with potential to further develop these with role development
- Provide leadership with clinical expertise to support practice development (knowledge and skills) and care for managing patients awaiting surgery and interventional procedures
- Improve health outcomes in patient populations by providing clinical expertise in direct patient care and in collaboration with other health professionals
- Plan, deliver, and evaluate care based on knowledge translation to enhance patient and their whanau/families care experience
- Role model good communication skills, that support clinical collaboration with nurses and other multi-disciplinary professionals across the health sector
- Contribute to improved coordination of care across sectors in line with national initiatives such as timely access to surgery and treatment within clinically indicated time frames to prevent disease progression and clinical deterioration with appropriate follow-up care.
- Proven ENT/Otolaryngology nursing experience and knowledge
- Expert PDRP or working towards submitting this
- Relevant post-graduate clinical masters qualification or working towards clinical masters qualification
- Proven ability to take initiative and work unsupervised
- An enthusiasm and passion for developing speciality nursing in the ENT/Otolaryngology area of practice
- Current work visa
- Current Registered Nurse APC
E pā ana ki a tatou – About us
Here at the 2DHBs (Capital & Coast District Health Board and Hutt Valley District Health Boards) we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
The 2DHBs are pro-equity health organisation, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
To find out more about us click on the following links:
Capital and Coast DHB
Hutt Valley DHB
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us. For further information on this role please email email@example.com and indicate the job title and vacancy number in the subject line.
Please note we will be reviewing applications when received and will progress through the recruitment process
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed