Work as part of the housing and recovery team to deliver a mental health intervention model to support people in their home environment and connect with their community. We are seeking an experienced mental health caregiver competent to work across several houses.
This is a fulltime position working Sunday through to Thursday, the hours of work will be a mixture of both day and evening shifts.
The successful applicant will be competent to work across several houses.
The Role Requires:
- Minimum 2 years experience working in mental health
- previous experience working with challenging behaviours
- You to be competent to work across several houses
- A great attitude and passion to support people to achieve their potential
- You to be competent in supporting people with complex health needs, and personal cares
- Working from an evidence-based recovery approach (Te Whare Tapa Wha: Whanau Directed Principles)
- A national certificate in mental health, or relevant qualification or commitment to working towards a qualification funded by MASH
- You to hold a current full drivers licence and a current first aid certificate
What can we offer you?
- An excellent working environment and a great team atmosphere
- Rewarding work where you can make a positive difference to the people you support and the wider community
- Extensive onboarding and ongoing training and professional development opportunities
- Competitive remuneration
MASH delivers a range of housing support, community support services, social networking hubs and specialised services for people with disabilities, mental health, addiction and offending across the Central Region.
MASH facilitates and actively promotes quality of life by attending to the physical, mental, spiritual, and social health of people, whanau and their communities.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and we may close the position earlier if the right candidates are found.