Family and Sexual Harm Professional (Overnights)
Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch, or Work from Home
We need compassionate Advisors to support Kiwis and whānau experiencing family and sexual harm.
- An exciting opportunity to work within Homecare Medical's Family and Sexual Harm team
- The position provides learning and development programmes alongside guidance and coaching
The Family and Sexual Harm Professional role provides advice and support to service users and their whānau accessing support. Lines are operational 7 days a week, including Public Holidays. You will work overnights (11pm - 7am) full-time or part-time applicants are welcome to apply.
We offer base rates plus additional pay for overnight work:
- Monday 7pm - Friday 7am - base rate plus 0.25
- Friday 11pm - Monday 7am - base rate plus 0.5
- Public holiday - paid at double base rate
Due to the nature of the role which involves speaking with Service Users around sexual matters or the prevention of violence. Pursuant to Section 27 of the Human Rights Act 1993, we will only consider female applicants.
Your role will involve the following aspects:
- Risk assessment followed by appropriate safety planning and referrals
- Providing non-judgemental support and psycho-education within the context of family and sexual harm
- Engaging with callers using multiple communication channels such as phone, email, SMS and online chat
- Supporting callers when they are experiencing a high-risk situation
- Communicating with external agencies (including emergency services)
- Accurate documentation of notes and relevant information on various databases
- Supporting other team members in the Family and Sexual Harm team during risk calls / risk engagements and providing de-briefing support where needed
- Participating in quality improvement and service developments to ensure effective and safe service delivery
- Supporting the Family and Sexual Harm team and providing overflow support as required
- Required to be able to answer calls, emails, SMS and online chat for our other Family and Sexual harm services
- Completed qualification in relevant field e.g. social work, psychology, counselling, addictions, nursing, psychotherapy, occupational therapy.
- Registration with one of the following professional bodies: - Social Worker's Registration Board - New Zealand Association of Counsellors /TeRoopu Kaiwhiriwhi Aotearoa (NZAC) - Addictions Practitioners' Association Aotearoa-New Zealand (DAPAANZ) - New Zealand Christian Counsellors Association (NZCCA)
- For Safe to Talk - three or more years' experience in a Trauma, Sexual Violence and Mental Health role
- A sound understanding of Family Violence and Sexual Harm
- Knowledge of the Power and Control Wheel and the impact of abuse
- Able to identify risk and develop safety plans
- An understanding of the following court orders and processes,e.g. protection orders, parenting orders and trespass notices
- Experience with coaching and supervision
- Excellent computer and administrative skills as you are required to multi-task efficiently and manage multiple channels of communication
- Required to pass relevant NZ Police vetting as per the Vulnerable Children's Act 2014
Homecare Medical is a leader in New Zealand's virtual healthcare landscape.
As part of our well-respected national organisation, you will be supported Pokohiwi Ki Pokohiwi (shoulder to shoulder) with on-going learning and development, guidance and coaching from a knowledgeable leadership team.
If you are ready to have a positive impact on the lives and well-being of your fellow New Zealanders, we would love to hear from you!
Roles available in Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch office, or Work from Home anywhere in Aotearoa/New Zealand.