- Leadership role that influences Family and Sexual Harm
- Ongoing learning, clinical coaching and supervision
- Work-from-home and call centre options available
We are looking for someone to support our Family and Sexual Harm team by conducting high-quality call reviews of service user calls/generic objects. You will use the approved tools and provide coaching on the outcomes and learnings that are identified.
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field e.g. counselling, addictions, psychology, psychotherapy, social work
- Must have an understanding of the call review process and audit process
- Passionate about continuous quality improvement in healthcare
- Full registration with a relevant professional body
- Excellent clinical performance especially in communication and assessment skills
- Excellent Family/Sexual Harm knowledge
- Strong focus on safety and service user experience
- Must have a good understanding of professional practice standards
- Good IT skills
- Good report writing and clinical documentation skills
About us - Ko wai hoki
Whakarongorau Aotearoa are privileged to provide the people of Aotearoa with professional, quality advice, support and information across a range of health and mental health services (including Healthline, the COVID-19 Healthline, Quitline and 1737). We do this 24 hours a day, seven days a week across seven digital channels - a free digital virtual support network. We manage inbound and outbound call centres in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch as well as remote teams working from their homes across the country. It's a fresh, connected approach to healthcare that helps millions of people across the country.
Whakarongorau Aotearoa's head-office is in Auckland.
Our culture is one of inclusion, and our staff are passionate people, each driven to contribute to better health outcomes for the people of Aotearoa - especially our most vulnerable communities. They are from diverse cultural backgrounds, and our organisation is focused on hiring kaimahi who live and work in the communities they serve - an ability to connect with staff from a wide array of backgrounds is essential.
Whakarongorau Aotearoa staff work collaboratively, improving the health of our communities with a focus on quality, personal leadership and accountability in their work with external stakeholders, their partners, communities and with each other.
Our values - Ō Tātou Uara
Our ambition is to virtually support people of Aotearoa New Zealand to stay well and connect them seamlessly with care when they need it.
Our values underpin all we do, and how we do it:
- Do the right thing - Mahia te mea tika
- Motivated by quality - Hihiri e te kounga
- Passion for better - Ngākau nui ki te pai ake
- Shoulder to shoulder - Pokohiwi ki Pokohiwi
Whakarongorau Aotearoa celebrates the success of our staff and is continually looking for ways to strengthen and improve our service. You can also look forward to being part of a growing and well-respected national organisation that celebrates success.