- Overnight position
- Work from home or in office
- Stimulating opportunity to support Kiwis to stay well and connect them seamlessly with care when they need it
- No two days are the same in this diverse role which covers a variety of Family and Sexual Harm Services support
- Strong, on-going learning and development programmes, guidance and coaching
Homecare Medical is a fast-growing leader in New Zealand's virtual healthcare landscape. We bring together a range of national helplines, including Safe to talk, the Shine helpline, Need to Talk 1737, Alcohol and Drug Helpline, The Journal and a range of other mental health services. We do so to deliver 24/7 support through mental health professionals and specialists, online and over the phone. It's a fresh, connected approach to health care that's already helped over half a million New Zealanders in less than a year.
The Family and Sexual Harm Senior Advisor role provides advice and support to consumers and their family/whānau accessing support. The lines are operational 7 days a week, including Public Holidays. You will work overnights (11pm - 7am) full-time or part-time applicants are welcome to apply.
We offer base rates plus additional pay for overnight work:
- Monday 7pm - Friday 7am - base rate plus 0.25
- Friday 11pm - Monday 7am - base rate plus 0.5
- Public holiday - paid at double base rate
Due to the nature of the role which involves speaking with Service Users around sexual matters or the prevention of violence. Pursuant to Section 27 of the Human Rights Act 1993, we will only consider female applicants.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Mental Health and Addictions support, including assessments, interventions, support planning, advice, referrals, risk identification and crisis management, respecting backgrounds and cultural needs
- Communicating with Service Users via phone, email, SMS and online chat
- Developing support plans for frequent and complex callers
- Provide Service Users support across Family and Sexual Harm Services with a requirement to provide overflow support for 1737 and other Mental Health and Addictions services as directed
- Participate in quality improvement and service developments and ensure ethical service delivery
- Accurately recording client information using various IT systems
- One to two years studying towards qualification (ideally, completed or working towards Bachelor's Degree in relevant field) and/or three years work experience in relevant field e.g. counselling, addictions, nursing, psychology, psychotherapy or social work
- Experience of supervision or coaching
- Working towards registration with a relevant body within the Mental Health and Addictions field
- Ideally, six months experience working in Telehealth or similar role, e.g. Helplines / eTherapy/F2F counselling or Therapy
Homecare Medical is a leader in New Zealand's virtual healthcare landscape.
As part of our well-respected national organisation, you will be supported Pokohiwi Ki Pokohiwi (shoulder to shoulder) with on-going learning and development, guidance and coaching from a knowledgeable leadership team.
If you are ready to have a positive impact on the lives and well-being of your fellow New Zealanders, we would love to hear from you!