Family and Sexual Harm Senior Advisor
- Overnight position
- Work from home or in office
- Stimulating opportunity to support Kiwis to stay well and connect them seamlessly with care when they need it
- No two days are the same in this diverse role which covers a variety of Family and Sexual Harm Services support
- Strong, on-going learning and development programmes, guidance and coaching
Homecare Medical is a fast-growing leader in New Zealand's virtual healthcare landscape. We bring together a range of national helplines, including Safe to talk, the Shine helpline, Need to Talk 1737, Alcohol and Drug Helpline, The Journal and a range of other mental health services. We do so to deliver 24/7 support through mental health professionals and specialists, online and over the phone. It's a fresh, connected approach to health care that's already helped over half a million New Zealanders in less than a year.
The Family and Sexual Harm Senior Advisor role provides advice and support to consumers and their family/whānau accessing support.
In this role you will be involved in the following:
- Mental Health and Addictions support, including assessments, interventions, support planning, advice, referrals, risk identification and crisis management, respecting backgrounds and cultural needs
- Communicating with service users via phone, email, SMS and online chat
- Developing support plans for frequent and complex callers.
- Provide Service Users support across Family and Sexual Harm Services with a requirement to provide overflow support for 1737 and other Mental Health and Addictions services as directed
- Participate in quality improvement and service developments and ensure ethical service delivery
- Accurately recording client information using various IT systems
- One to two years studying towards qualification (ideally, completed or working towards Bachelor's degree in relevant field) and/or three years work experience in relevant field e.g. counselling, addictions, nursing, psychology, psychotherapy or social work
- Experience of supervision or coaching
- Working towards registration with a relevant body within the Mental Health and Addictions field
- Ideally, six months experience working in Telehealth or similar role, e.g. Helplines / eTherapy/F2F counselling or Therapy
Homecare Medical is a leader in New Zealand's virtual healthcare landscape. As part of our well-respected national organisation, you will be supported Pokohiwi Ki Pokohiwi (shoulder to shoulder) with on-going learning and development, guidance and coaching from a knowledgeable leadership team.
If you are ready to have a positive impact on the lives and well-being of your fellow New Zealanders, we would love to hear from you!